Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmom View Post
    Another vote for playball.
    For all the reasons mentioned already.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Another vote for playball. I think it's unanimous so far!

My reasons- there is always going to be time for computers. In kindergarten on up, she is going to be exposed to computers and I'm assuming since you are on the BBB, you are also exposing her in one way or another to computers at home.

Physical activity, on the other hand, is something that I think starts to dwindle as kids get older. As schools get more competitive and start to focus on academics, they try to make more time in the day, and recess and P.E. get the squeeze. You also said that you don't have as much time to do sports with her as you like. I think if you do playball, and she finds she enjoys it, she will be more likely to continue to be active as she gets older....either on her own or through some sort of organized program. There are HUGE benefits to that, both from a lifelong health and wellness perspective, as well as self esteem in adolescence/teen years.

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I too would select playball for all the reasons already stated. Sounds like fun.
    mommy to DD 1/07

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Definitely playball.
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Another vote for playball.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

another vote for playball.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by randomkid View Post
    There are 13 boys in DD's class (out of 18 kids
    On topic, I would pick playball because I would like the physical activity in their day...

TOTALLY off topic, but I noticed the ratio in your class. DS1 has 30 kids in his preschool (2 rooms, 4 teachers), and only NINE are girls!!! Was 2005 the year of the boys or WHAT?!?!?
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

Looks unanimous! Playball it is! We'll try it out and see how she likes it. I know it's only 30 minutes a week, but I like that it introduces true skills.

DD gets plenty of physical activity, that was not my concern. They go outside 3 times a day at her school, but it's just free play. If it's raining, they will often go to the second floor that has a large multipurpose room and let the kids dance, run around and play. DD is quite active and fit, not sedentary by any means. I went with my parents and DD to Gatorland today and they have a large water play area there. DD was the only kid there at the time and she ran the perimeter of the play area, running through water along the way, at least 10 times without stopping. We had to make her sit down and take a break! I even said to my Mom "Well, no one can accuse my child of being a couch potato!" - LOL! Guess that's why I was considering the computer class, just as a change of pace. However, playball will also allow her another outlet for her energy.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by infocrazy View Post
    TOTALLY off topic, but I noticed the ratio in your class. DS1 has 30 kids in his preschool (2 rooms, 4 teachers), and only NINE are girls!!! Was 2005 the year of the boys or WHAT?!?!?
    Must have been because the other 4yo class at her school also has mostly boys. Not sure of the exact number, but I think there are only about 3 girls out of 18 in that class.

ETA: Her teacher and I were discussing this and she told me that about 2 or 3 years ago, the ration was reversed and the majority of the students were girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2