Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Freaking out-TMI ahead...

So this will definitely win Stupid Move of the Week. Prepare for TMI:

I was just going to the bathroom. As I was going, I could feel something else coming out... look down and it's a TAMPON. I've had a jr tampon in for at least 2 days, maybe longer. I can't even remember when I put it in - it was the end of my cycle and we were going out and I just put it in there to be safe. The string must have gotten bunched up and I didn't see it.... out it came today.

I'm completely freaking out. What's going to happen - anything? I feel fine at the moment, just tired as usual. I wonder if I had a fever from it overnight, I woke up drenched in sweat last night - like pools of sweat running down me, but was too tired to deal and went back to sleep.

OMG.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you think you may have had a fever overnight, I'd definitely call your doctor. I think it might warrant a call anyway, but if you felt feverish overnight, definitely call to be safe.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ew! I have forgotten a tampon for an extra overnight before - I hate that feeling.

Call if it'd make you more comfortable. Can't hurt to call. But if it were me, I'd not panic. A tampon is just a wad of cotton up your hoo-haa. All over the world for many generations women have use things like leaf-mud combos or rags for the same purpose. Having medical-grade cotton in you for a couple days is yucky but I don't think it's anything to worry about if you feel fine now.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

This happened to me, but it was SEVERAL days. So gross, but I was perfectly fine.

Add me to the list of those this has happened to. I was totally fine, too. BUT even though I am not a "caller" I believe that you should call if it will make you feel better about the TSS risk, especially if you think you spiked a fever. What do you have to lose? They have heard it all!
    Jessica
    DS 4/06 My Buckaroo "Let's listen to some rockin' out music that's swingy with a beat!"
    DD 3/09 My Sunshine

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by justincase View Post
    What do you have to lose? They have heard it all!
    I'm sure you won't be the first.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I've had two friends do this. One actually had to go to the Dr. because of an "odor" she noticed and that's what it wound up being. None of them have had any long term effects other than freaking themselves out. (I don't think the doctors were phased by it).

Honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened to each and every one of us.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you everyone for your responses!! Mostly I am shocked this happened at all. Clearly I have been out of it lately! Anyway, after some googling I think it's probably OK. If I have any sudden onset symptoms (which sound horrible) I will get to the ER. Of course this would happen on the Friday of a long weekend. <sigh>

Thank goodness it basically removed itself. I am also VERY thankful DH wasn't feeling romantic the past few nights.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oooooohhh gosh. Glad you're ok!
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.