Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default "new" September Thread (was Weekly thread: 9/7)

Vvvvvvelcome to BBB's rebranded MONTHLY Mommy (Daddy?) Fit thread.

++++++++
    New week, new thread.

Last edited by kijip; 09-16-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Make a monthly thread
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My gym is open again today, so I'll be there with my two little guys as soon as childcare opens (9 am).

Did nothing all weekend. Bleh. Well, I did a ton of yardwork and made a quilt (need to bind it), but I did not run like I had planned. I ran 3x last week, but I had hoped to fit in a long run over the weekend. Oh well. I'll be better this week.

Still need to start SB and still need to drink more water. Why is remembering to do that so hard?
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Managed my eating well over the weekend but no exercise. Today is ds2's 1st day of preschool and we aren't allowed to go far from the school. I decided I'd spend some of the time jogging around that neighborhood.

I was reading some fitness magazine yesterday and they were showing weight loss success stories. One involved 6 days of cardio- 45 minutes. 4-5 days of weight training, 1 hour. So, somewhere in my days I need to carve out 2 hours to work out. I get in a smidge over an hour between weights and cardio 3-4 days/ week and can't figure out how to add more...without waking up way too early.

I did buy 30 Day Shred last night for days I don't make it to the gym. At least I'll be doing something.

Beth

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

After a pretty good week last week I had a HORRIBLE weekend. Really really bad!!! We went to my parents (at the beach) for Labor Day weekend. My mom used us as guinea pigs for a new alfredo recipe she was trying. Umm...it passed the test! I feel disgusting! Only good thing is I think I've finally hit the "this is so gross, I need to make changes" point. Problem is I just don't know how much I can really cut back while BF. I am having really bad thoughts of weaning Baby C soon just so I can cut way back on my calories and exercise more without worrying about my supply. I won't, though...at least not yet!

So, goals for the week are to get back on track with eating. I did really well cutting back on the sugar last week so hopefully I will be successful again this week. I want to add in at least one more workout as well. I can't wait to get out of this apartment and into our house- I want my treadmill back!

I feel like I did pretty well this weekend, all things Labor Day considered.
    I bought a pair of those Sketchers Shape-Up shoes... walked the dogs with them last night and tonight. Feel a bit more burn in the calves, but not so much in the butt, which is where I was hoping to feel it.
    Dh (bless him) finally relented and bought me a stepper for the basement. Sometimes, I really love that man! I can't wait until it gets here. For some reason, I love the stepper more than the treadmill. Don't know why, but I feel like I'll be more motivated to get my cardio in on that than I have been.
    Goals for this week? Um, more water, less carbs. I did VERY well today, totally avoiding the carb-fest back-to-school breakfast that was made up of bagels and muffins.... not a simple sugary fruit in sight! I only got coffee! Very proud of me!
    Back to school this week will be challenging. I really have to watch my "stress eating"!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

I did go running during preschool. I went home and mapped it using Google pedometer and went 3 miles. It was a nice run through a college campus and I could see doing it again tomorrow. Today I need to get my butt to the gym for at least weights, maybe Zumba.

Beth

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Skipped the gym today. Ugh. Need to make up for that!
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Ran a mile real fast for a warm up then did weights for about 40 minutes. I did squats, lunges, triceps, biceps, shoulders, back...and then some abs and stretching. It was a pretty good workout. Plan to run tomorrow during preschool again.

Beth

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Can I get in on this?

I did a 4 miler this morning (see post about my tri relay team). I went to the gym and worked out earlier this week as well.

I need to be serious about drinking more water. I feel like I was really dehydrated on the run today.

Ran 3 mi during preschool Thurs., nothing Friday, went on a hike this AM while wearing ds2 and took a long walk tonight.

Beth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast