Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMEand1 View Post
    Can I get in on this?

I did a 4 miler this morning (see post about my tri relay team). I went to the gym and worked out earlier this week as well.

I need to be serious about drinking more water. I feel like I was really dehydrated on the run today.
    Yay!

I also totally feel it when exercising if I have not had enough water.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

I had my resting metabolic rate (rmr) tested yesterday and based on the results my trainer and nutritionist think the reason I am not losing as much weight as I want to was that I am not eating enough. I knew that was possible, but never considered it to be a possible issue for me because I am not on a low-cal diet at all (never less than about 1900 a day) but they think I should try adding 200-300 more a day. That could explain why the week I had a couple of extra things a couple of days was the week I lost the most weight.

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Can I ask how they test your metabolic rate? I've never had it done, but am interested. I, too, feel like I should be losing more than I am. I'm running 10-12 miles per week, doing 30-45 minutes on the Cybex machines 2x/week, and eating a very sensible diet (lots of veggies, small portions). But, I'm pretty much stuck at my current weight. Before last spring I never worked out *at all* so you'd think the weight would just be dropping off.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    Can I ask how they test your metabolic rate? I've never had it done, but am interested. I, too, feel like I should be losing more than I am. I'm running 10-12 miles per week, doing 30-45 minutes on the Cybex machines 2x/week, and eating a very sensible diet (lots of veggies, small portions). But, I'm pretty much stuck at my current weight. Before last spring I never worked out *at all* so you'd think the weight would just be dropping off.
    They had me breathe into a mask while resting for a bit. It's pretty helpful. I also had an impedance test done which breaks down body composition and it was helpful to see that while my weight is not down like I thought it should be, my percentage of body fat has really dramatically decreased. Explains why I look smaller and fit clothes better.

I am not going hog wild but I have added in some calories and still working to increase my protein intake.

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just ran my first 5K race! I finished in 32:16, so not terribly fast, but I finished!
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

my weight loss isn't going well. I need to start tracking calories better I think. But I'm doing well with exercising-I worked out 3 days this week even with working 4 days so I feel like I'm doing well-running more, doing weights, mixing it up with stairmaster and incline to target other things not just cardio. And walking a ton at work-when I'm coordinator I make myself always take the stairs so 2 sets of rounds with 6 floors each side of 2 towers plus 2 or 3 trips various places to start IV's etc = lots of stairs!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    Just ran my first 5K race! I finished in 32:16, so not terribly fast, but I finished!
    AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!
    For someone who was not a runner, it's really inspiring that you just ran a 5K!!! And 32:16 is NOTHING to sneeze at!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

I've been taking the dogs on a 2mi walk every night for the past week. They enjoy it and so do I - gives me a chance to clear my head from the work day.
    The calorie counting is going well - myfitnesspal is really helping. I just wish they had an app for the iPhone too!
    With my hypothyriodism I have to constantly remind myself that this is going to be a slow and steady race, and that there is no magic cure that's going to help me drop the weight quickly. I just have to keep on keepin' on!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Great work everyone!

I have missed a few scheduled workouts over 2 weeks due to interviews and caring for a sick baby BUT I went out of my way to make them up/schedule new time slots which I am really proud of, rather than just dodging them.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well, I did Week 1 of C25K MWF this week. I'll probably do Week 1 again starting today. I am so discouraged because I just got on the scale last night and reached another non-pregnant high. I feel like I am just gaining weight inexplicably at this point. I think I need to go get my thyroid checked again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast