Thread: Another newbie!

G&D is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Another newbie!

So new, in fact, that I didn't even see this board and posted my intro in the Lounge message board--OOPS!

My husband and I are expecting our first child (a girl!) on January 4th. Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the things we need before she arrives, but the Baby Bargains book has been a HUGE help, and I'm hoping this site will too.

Hello!
    Expecting our first child in January 2010!

Welcome, and congrats!
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

Wow, we're due just 10 days apart! I'm a newbie too. Didn't you just love the book? Now when people ask me things like "don't you want a crib bumper" I say "no, they aren't safe and they are completely unneccesary" - and then I get blank stares and blinks. I should probably say things in my head before I blurt them out.....

Nice to know we can talk about all that stuff here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G&D View Post
    So new, in fact, that I didn't even see this board and posted my intro in the Lounge message board--OOPS!

My husband and I are expecting our first child (a girl!) on January 4th. Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the things we need before she arrives, but the Baby Bargains book has been a HUGE help, and I'm hoping this site will too.

Hello!

G&D is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
    Wow, we're due just 10 days apart! I'm a newbie too. Didn't you just love the book? Now when people ask me things like "don't you want a crib bumper" I say "no, they aren't safe and they are completely unneccesary" - and then I get blank stares and blinks. I should probably say things in my head before I blurt them out.....

Nice to know we can talk about all that stuff here!!!
    I agree! I've learned so much from the book other than just what to register for. It's been such a great resource!
    Expecting our first child in January 2010!