jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Baked chicken nuggets

We were at a mall that has a Chik-fil-A today so DS had his first chicken nuggets. He ate 5 of the 8 nuggets at lunch. I generally can't get that much meat into him. Wondering if anyone makes baked chicken nuggets at home. Care to share a recipe and tips? TIA

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I make them but don't follow a recipe. I cut them into the pieces I want then put them in flour, salt and pepper. Next, I dip in something like egg. Finally, I shake it around in a mixture of panko bread crumbs, wheat germs, and McCormick's Montreal Chicken seasoning. Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes, flipping over after about 15-17 minutes.

Beth

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

generally i just get the chicken tenderloins and cut into 3 or 4 pieces, then dip in egg, dip in breadcrumbs (doctored with some parm cheese) then bake. i've made other different recipes, but this is the easiest...kids love em'
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

dip in egg then a mixture of breadcrumbs, parm cheese and seasonings. You can make a bunch up and freeze and then run through the toaster oven or microwave. I also do chix tenders that way. If you want more breading you can dip in flour then egg then breadcrumbs.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks! Adding chicken tenders to my grocery list and hope to try them out next week.