Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh yeah, sue him for the whole fence! and does he not understand that he was trespassing? OMG! I've had really bad neighbours before so I feel your pain.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't know what has changed in this country, but with all the HOA there has been an erosion of private property rights, IMO. Everyone wants to control and beautify. Thank goodness you called the police. Your neighbor is so in the wrong. You need to sue him.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Abso-freakin'-ly amazing. What a nut! ITA with everybody, roll up your sleeves and go to town on him.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

OMG! I cannot imagine how you feel, but I know I'd be somewhere between disbelieving and livid.

Get a lawyer now and act with the assumption you'll have to take him to court.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

amm40 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Um yeah, I'd be livid too! I hope it doesn't come down to a lawsuit, but a letter from your lawyer could go a long way...

would it be possible to have the fence sand blasted? that may make it not match the rest as well... just a thought!

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

OMG, my blood is boiling for you so I can only imagine how you feel! Definitely call a lawyer!
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow. I'd be MAD. You definitely have a meritorious legal claim against him, but you also want to go about it in the most cost-effective way (in other words, try to resolve it without a lawsuit...which will cost both parties a lot of money). If I were you, I'd talk to him first (point out that the fence is your property, he damaged it and also he trespassed on your proprty; all you want is to restore or repair the fence; he is responsible for the expense; and that you'd like to keep the attys out of it to save everyone money). If he doesn't agree to restore or repair, then go to an attorney and send a demand letter. If that doesn't work, you may have to sue. Be sure the lawsuit includes a claim for your attorney's fees and costs.
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Oh my goodness, I'd be furious!!! I would certainly seek legal advice if the neighbor doesn't back down and try to make it right. Please keep us posted
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You should be able to pressure wash most of the paint off. If you don't want to do it (or better yet, get him to do it), you could try contacting a graffiti removal service.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

luvmypeanut is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Maybe paint the part of his house that faces yours?

Sorry, not helpful. I'm grouchy today. Sorry this happened to you.
    DD 4/03
    DS 2/05

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast