Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

wow wow wow...DH and I would both be livid!!!! We put our fence inside our property at our old house for those same reasons.....so no one else could mess with the fence................
    I would think you could get it professionaly removed.....DH powerwashed our deck (which was painted) and removed a lot of the paint....so I would think a professional could clean it off....and maybe cleaning the whole fence would have it looking the same......

He absolutely tresspassed onto your property and vandalized your fence......if he would pay to fix it the way "you" want it (not him)...I would get a lawyer involved...........and I don't think I'd trust him to do it himself either.....I would get a professional no matter what gets done!!!

Good luck...........not what you needed!!!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Holy Crap.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I cannot imagine how mad you are! You said you called the cops - did they do anything about the vandalism? If he refused to stop and refuses to see what he did is wrong I would press charges or I'd do like another poster said and paint the side of his house that faces yours.

I think you could have it professionally removed. I can imagine it would be costly but thats his problem right?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmypeanut View Post
    Maybe paint the part of his house that faces yours?
    That's exactly what my first response was.

Definitely sue for the whole fence. That's insane! Take it to Judge Judy- I want to see this!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Couldn't you have had him arrested? For defacement of property and trespassing? I wonder if you could have had him arrested right then and there when the cop came...
    Crystal

Mom to my 4 angels on earth.......
    DD1-5/18/99--DD2-8/16/03--DD3-9/18/06--DD4-10/23/11
    Mom to my 1 angel in Heaven......
    DS1-4/8/05

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You are taking this so much better than I would . . . really, you should be commended. Painting cedar is criminal.

What was he thinking? Is your neighbor pushy/disrespectful or just very dense? I am wondering if there is some chance that he wrongly understood the fence side to be on his property and wrongly thought that he could paint it. I am not contesting that he is completely in the wrong and should have the paint removed/pressure washed. I am just struggling to understand how someone could do this . . .

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

WOW, you are right to be mad. I would be furious! Take lots of pictures to document the damage, and I think you should have a solid case in small claims court!

Were you on good terms with this neighbor before this incident?

Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow, just wow. I worked for a fence manufacturer/installer for a few years and have heard some doozy stories about encroachments, etc., but I've never heard this one before. If it's anything like the towns around here, he is SO in the wrong that I bet the mediator for small claims would laugh at him.

Please update!!

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

OMFG!!! I would be beyond livid! What was going through this man's mind? Is he a jerky neighbor or just clueless?! Holy crap!
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

OMG. Kudos to you for taking it calmly.

I'd say that before things get even more tense, spend the money for a lawyer to contact him to replace the fence. It sounds like it would be much less than getting a new fence yourself.

and, sounds like your neighbor has property ownership confusion, so even if you get him to pay for it without involving lawyers, won't he then think that it BELONGS to him????
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast