Default Best Twin Glider

Thank you all for the help in setting up my nursery!! I've never stepped foot into a baby store, and I'm expecting twins and on strict bedrest for at least another 11 weeks until the little ones arrive!

I'm looking into gliders for the nursery, and I hope to be able to breastfeed them, so I want a glider that will best accomadate all of us; and the easy2nurse pillow (if thats a goodie??), I've looked into some big gliders and such but would LOVE any suggestions you may have.

Thank you so much:-)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

When nursing twins, you need a "staging area" where you can set baby #2 while #1 is getting set up. This means more of a loveseat or couch-sized spot, versus any single-wide (even a very wide one) glider. So, if you can't envision two adults sitting side by side on the glider, it's probably not wide enough for nursing twins IMO.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have the Little Castle (brand) chair and a half glider. We really do love it, and I'm so glad I got this (instead of regular size). I use the EZ to nurse pillow and we all fit well in the chair. I really prefer nursing there instead of the real couch or the bed.
    http://www.csnsofas.com/asp/show_det...id=FR41-EJ1012
    We got a blue micro-suade material and it is holding up well.

HTH

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I used a chair-and-a-half (a bit smaller than a loveseat so it fit better in our tiny nursery), and a nursing stool. Worked great to accomodate the EZ-2-nurse pillow. I didn't use a rocker or glider...didn't seem to really need it. Now I'm kinda glad I don't have one because as the girls have gotten older, they like to play around on the chair for a little after they finish nursing, use it to practice standing up, etc. If you get a rocker, it's gotta be really wide...I have a huge Lazyboy rocker that would NOT accomodate the nursing pillow but WOULD work great for just holding both babies and rocking.

I received my Little Castle chair and a half glider in August - my twins were born 9/1/09, so we haven't quite used it a month, but I already LOVE it. It's easy to have one baby in the Boppy next to me while I'm feeding the other - I also have a four-year-old and a two-year-old, and there's enough room to have one of them sit with us as well. Or one baby and two toddlers. Great chair!