sfmom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Need recommendations for toddler bed

Since I didn't read Baby Bargains BEFORE I bought my DD's crib, I didn't think about buying a convertible crib. So now, I'm expecting in December, and I've been told I should transition DD out of the crib before then. And since I don't have a convertible crib, a toddler bed is the only option.

Any recommendations for toddler beds? I saw some models on Albeebaby.com, but I'm not sure about the quality. Does it matter that much at this point?
    Exhausted mom to DD and daredevil DS

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you're in SF, try IKEA. They have great toddler beds and not too expensive. Since DD is still in her convertible crib/toddler bed, we're going to go straight to a "regular" twin bed for her sometime before she turns 4.

for Sandy Hook

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We skipped the toddler bed and moved DD (26mos) from her crib to a twin mattress (set on the floor, no box spring for now) just this week to transition her before DD2 arrives in Dec. We thought it might be a "process" but she loves her new room and new bed and bedtime has been a breeze thankfully. Mattresses are so so expensive that we decided not to bother with a toddler bed that wouldn't be used for very long and instead put the money towards a good quality mattress that will last her a good long time.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.