Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Red face Totally late to the thread...

I was on vacay last week, and trying to get back on track this week, so haven't had a chance to post until now.

My girls are 15 month fraternal twins. A lot of people think they're identical, but I don't think they look any more alike than most sisters. We knew very early that we were having twins, and boy was it a shock! I've posted before about my whole pregnancy ordeal...I'll give a brief synopsis. Everything was going smooth as silk, no problems at all. Then at 26 weeks Baby A's water broke. I left work for lunch one day, and never went back! 3 weeks on hospital bed rest, and then the girls were born by emergency C-section at exactly 29 weeks. I had been telling them I was having really bad cramps, but nothing showed on the contraction monitor, they finally did a pelvic, and saw a hand...I'm no medical professional, but that ain't right! 11 weeks in the NICU, they came home. D was on oxygen at home for three months. S has had no problems at all. They were teensy tiny. Now they are both doing amazing, they not only are on the height and weight charts, but S is above 90th percentile in height! The pediatricians usually say they want to see preemies on the charts by 24 months, so this is truly a blessing.

Four months after they came home, we moved from California to DC, and in a few weeks we'll be moving into our new house. Yeah, it's been a busy year and a half!!! It was a really tough decision to decide to be a SAHM, I loved my job. But they really needed me, they couldn't even leave the house for months. I never imagined I'd SAH, sometimes I'm still in a little disbelief that I am!

I loved reading all of your stories. It's so nice to read things and know I'm not alone. Especially about feeling a little cheated. I also feel cheated out of my pregnancy. I loved being pregnant, but was only pregnant for 6 months. It was such a rough time, that my DH doesn't want to risk another pregnancy, and honestly I don't either. But I do wish I could experience it all again, including having time to bond with ONE baby.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 09-30-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Well it's October 1--so I'm going to open a new thread. Please stop posting here and instead post to the new October thread.
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=336757

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7