Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Any new CD favorites out these days?

Now that I've been outed LOL...

Diapering is so cyclical, kwim? The WAHM dipe makers seem to come and go...new favorites pop up, etc. I'd like to pick up a few new dipes for baby #3 just for fun. With DD I bought a bunch of bijoubabygear fitteds that we have loooooved and gotten so much use out of. I tried 2 Bumgenius 2.0s with DD (since those were new to me...they weren't out yet when I had my DS) but they were terrible for us. They just never fit well and we always had leaks so I sold those not too long ago.

Any new favorite hyena fluff making moms? Any new commercially made favorites that are out now that you love?

I pop in and read diaperswappers sometimes but that site is overwhelming now that I'm out of the loop
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

i was about to recommend a music cd to you, then i realized that you meant cloth diaper.

my rec for music cd (new discovery) is "the innocence mission" album is "now the day is over"
    http://www.theinnocencemission.com/discography.htm

it's just lovely, but not just what you are looking for.

congrats on your pregnancy.
    Last edited by neeleymartin; 09-19-2009 at 08:46 PM.
    neeley

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I recently tried a new one-size pocket diaper called Smartipants. Instead of a pocket it has a sleeve so you don't have to remove the insert before washing - it just agitates out in the washer. The quality seems good (the snaps are crazy strong and I think come with a two year warranty) and we've had no leaks. My only real complaint is that the microsuede liner gets pilly, but it doesn't seem to bother ds. The only reason I haven't bought more is that it only comes in snap closure and I'm just more of an aplix kind of girl. But otherwise I think they're a great value ($40 for three or $15 for one) and the colors are cute.

http://www.kellyscloset.com/Smartipa...fg_78-0-1.html

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

F is mostly in prefolds and covers. I did just get some Bijou Baby fitteds that we like a whole heck of a lot so I see we have similar tastes. Simple is the name of my game now for diapers.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I like the Happy heinies ones sized better than the bum genius, I did not at first, but they really grew on me. Especially since DD has a harder time taking them off than the Bum Genius, the also seem to leak less.

I liked the Kissuluvs size 0, but not the 1's, I liked my Swaddlebees organic cotton one sized and my Imse Vimse wool covers.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

I recently became addicted to rumparooz one size. They come in super cute patterns, two liners (Great for nighttime!) and have two elastic sections around the legs for leaks and such. It cinches up super small, I think it would be a great newborn diaper, although I am not sure my little guy will fit up to 30 pounds.
    They are not cheap..I think $25 ish a diaper. We only have 2, but I love them!
    Valerie
    Mom to DD (7/01), DS (3/03) and "brother" (7/08)

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS just started in the BG Organic One Size All in Ones. (We like AIO's and they are one of the few in One-Size.) Relatively new on the market, I think. Used Thirsties XS AIO's for the first 14 weeks until he hit 12 lbs.

Happy Heiny's has a good fitted that is stuffable with microfiber lining, called the Happy Hempy, works great for nights under a wool cover.

Thirsties introduced a "Duo" cover that is multi-sized. Two different sizes that take you all the way through. Thirsties also has regular sized covers and "Fab Fitteds"

Cotton Babies (maker of Bum Genius) just announced they are launching 2 new lines. The first seems like a competitor to Gdiapers - a cover with either a compostable/disposable insert or a cloth insert. The second is a low end "Econo" diaper that looks like a prefold+cover combo (or something like that).

That's my stash, I'm interested to compare the new CB vs. Gdiapers since we have to use those for daycare.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We like Bumgenuis, both the pockets and organic snap aios, as well as fitteds and prefolds. We use Sbish fitteds and Green Mountain Diaper prefolds with wool covers - WCW, Sbish, Luxe.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

Quote Originally Posted by alirebco View Post
    We like Bumgenuis, both the pockets and organic snap aios, as well as fitteds and prefolds. We use Sbish fitteds and Green Mountain Diaper prefolds with wool covers - WCW, Sbish, Luxe.
    I just inventoried a bit of what I have for newborns last night. I ended up ordering some GMD prefolds today. I actually really liked prefolds for infants (that's how we started when doing cloth w/ DS as I wasn't sure I would stick with it, and I found I liked a mix of fitteds and prefolds with DD).

I currently have some preemie prefolds (for doublers and I used them as some post partum mama cloth last time when I would run out of pads), infant prefolds (green stitching) and premium prefolds. I like the new sizing of prefolds that GMD had up...that was all new to me. I know the green stitched infant sized ones we had were bulky on DS folded over, so it will be nice to maybe skip that a bit this time. Also, he eventually hit that stage (as did DD) where they just weren't *quite* wide enough to snappi nicely but fit well length wise.

I ordered a dozen each of indian unbleached PFs in orange, yellow, and red, and then 4 each of the organic ones to try out (haven't had organic PFs before). I'm thinking about getting some of our PFs converted to prefitteds. Not sure if that's a waste or not, but something I've tossed around.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006

Quote Originally Posted by alirebco View Post
    I'm stumped on WCW and Sbish LOL. I used to know all of the abbreviations and lingo but now I've got to catch up again!!! Many of them I still recognize but I can't figure out those two LOL.

Bumgenius totally didn't work for us with DD. No idea what the problem was but they always leaked, wicked, etc. They never fit her well at any stage. I wanted to like them though! We've been a Fuzzibunz family (especially for nighttime) w/ both kids.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast