Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ShayleighCarsensMom View Post
    I recently became addicted to rumparooz one size. They come in super cute patterns, two liners (Great for nighttime!) and have two elastic sections around the legs for leaks and such. It cinches up super small, I think it would be a great newborn diaper, although I am not sure my little guy will fit up to 30 pounds.
    They are not cheap..I think $25 ish a diaper. We only have 2, but I love them!
    I'll have to check into Rumperooz.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Quote Originally Posted by neeleymartin View Post
    i was about to recommend a music cd to you, then i realized that you meant cloth diaper.

my rec for music cd (new discovery) is "the innocence mission" album is "now the day is over"
    http://www.theinnocencemission.com/discography.htm

it's just lovely, but not just what you are looking for.

congrats on your pregnancy.
    LOL! Thanks for the congrats!
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006

Quote Originally Posted by kijip View Post
    F is mostly in prefolds and covers. I did just get some Bijou Baby fitteds that we like a whole heck of a lot so I see we have similar tastes. Simple is the name of my game now for diapers.
    So she's still sewing? I checked her site and over at Hyena cart too and didn't see much going on. I used to get email updates when she was opening up spots but I can't remember seeing one for a while. I was worried maybe she wasn't sewing anymore. We really, really have used and loved our Bijou Baby fitteds!! Definitely a simple diaper but they worked really well. DD never outgrew things as quickly by rise as DS, so mediums for us have had a loooooooong life, thankfully! I'd totally get some more Bijous. I'll have to email her and find out what's up Thanks for letting me know you got some recently because I've been wondering if it was an option.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006

Quote Originally Posted by BayGirl2 View Post
    DS just started in the BG Organic One Size All in Ones. (We like AIO's and they are one of the few in One-Size.) Relatively new on the market, I think. Used Thirsties XS AIO's for the first 14 weeks until he hit 12 lbs.

Happy Heiny's has a good fitted that is stuffable with microfiber lining, called the Happy Hempy, works great for nights under a wool cover.

Thirsties introduced a "Duo" cover that is multi-sized. Two different sizes that take you all the way through. Thirsties also has regular sized covers and "Fab Fitteds"

Cotton Babies (maker of Bum Genius) just announced they are launching 2 new lines. The first seems like a competitor to Gdiapers - a cover with either a compostable/disposable insert or a cloth insert. The second is a low end "Econo" diaper that looks like a prefold+cover combo (or something like that).

That's my stash, I'm interested to compare the new CB vs. Gdiapers since we have to use those for daycare.
    Interesting new options! Thanks for sharing. While I didn't like my BG 2.0s, I did like our 2 bamboo terry (I think that's what they were?) bumgenius fitteds when DD was really small. IIRC they didn't hold a ton of pee but they were stretchy and I liked the fit on her.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    I like the Happy heinies ones sized better than the bum genius, I did not at first, but they really grew on me. Especially since DD has a harder time taking them off than the Bum Genius, the also seem to leak less.

I liked the Kissuluvs size 0, but not the 1's, I liked my Swaddlebees organic cotton one sized and my Imse Vimse wool covers.
    I remember looking into Swaddlebees w/ DD but never bought any. Ditto HH All of these one-sized options are kinda new to me (I mean, they were out when DD was born but there weren't as many, and the only one sized I tried were the BG 2.0s we had that totally were an unfortunate flop for us). I was shopping last night online and saw a bunch of one size covers, etc. that are out now too. I can't keep up LOL!!
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006

Just wanted to add that I'm totally embarrassed I've been around these boards forever and I still don't know how to do a multiquote . Sorry for the 9 million individual replies
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006

>> WCW and Sbish

Sbish is Sustainable Babyish. Don't know much about them, but they get rave reviews of DS. I think they are hemp flats and prefolds, maybe hemp fleece or something that is soft. I also hear about Little Lions, which makes prefolds and flats as well, and people like them a lot.

I think WCW is Wild Child Woolies, but I'm not sure. Not a big wool user.

One huge new diaper is Goodmama. I can't believe I just remembered it. It's a fitted diaper that people on diaperswappers were RAVING about. Every 5th thread, no joke, was either "I love goodmamas!" or "Why is everyone crazy about goodmamas?" I believe her marketing was spot-on at the beginning, plus many people thought it was a fabulous diaper. They are expensive, maybe $25ish new, I think. Not sure if people like them for newborn or just older babes. There is a much bigger supply of them now and easy to find used but still at high prices. They are usually referred to by the name of the fabric pattern, which irritates the heck out of me. How do I know if I want a diaper called "Lollipops"? Is it pink or green or tiny print or bold print or what?

On diaperswappers, I noticed once that there were a million WAHMS making fleece pull-on soaker ("floakers"). A chunk of them only made floakers. I assume there was a pattern available and people went wild, not sure why.

Yes, there are tons of one-size options now, even from Fuzzibunz. Fuzzibunz has been through a lot of changes: a new sized design, a one size option, manufacturing in the USA and in other countries, and a perceived difference in sizing and quality control. I am not sure of the details or if it was a tempest in a teapot.

There is another diaper besides Smartipants where the insert will agitate out in the wash. Maybe Knickernappies?

I loved newborn Cuddlebuns, which are sherpa like Kisslauvs but stretchier, better fitting, a bit more absorbent, and longer lasting. Cuddlebuns are normally one-size, but newborn Cuddlebuns are sized just for newborns. Cuddlebuns are a pattern sewn by many WAHMs, and there is a new-ish site that makes it easier to find those wahms: http://www.cuddlebunsboutique.com/. Except I just went there and the site is closed, but it does give you a few links to find the wahm's.

The GMD diapers are wonderful. THe oranges won't fit for long as a snappi'd option, but we still use them trifolded and DS is 17 months. Thirsties covers are well-liked for newborns and fit a long time, and the Thirsties Fab Fitteds are also really nice.

Sposoeasy is a new AIO with an all-flannel inner, sewn in a quick dry manner. They have unusual laundry tabs that are tucked under a layer of PUL to really reduce snagging in the wash. They are a good, easy AIO and tend to wash and dry well. Nana's Bottoms are another AIO, not new at all, but their newborn size is small and a great fit on a little one.

Kindhearted Women is a popular newborn diaper, but some people have had issues with the wahms' customer service, so prefer to buy them used. Green Acre Designs is a great pocket diaper which is now available exclusively as sold color embroidered dipes. Sob... I loved their old patterns.

Bamboo as a fabric was really hot.... it can be used in prefolds, fitteds, inserts, velour, etc.

Grobaby is a new thing, not sure exactly what. CoolABaby is a Chinese knock-off of bumGenius. Bummis has a new covers called.... I'm blanking... Bummis Super Brites. They come in colors with little contrasting dots on them, are just one layer of PUL, and have small gussets. IME they fit like Bummis Super Whisper Wraps. I like them a bit better than BSWW, I think.
    Last edited by american_mama; 09-22-2009 at 12:53 AM.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by american_mama View Post
    >> WCW and Sbish

Sbish is Sustainable Babyish. Don't know much about them, but they get rave reviews of DS. I think they are hemp flats and prefolds, maybe hemp fleece or something that is soft.

I think WCW is Wild Child Woolies, but I'm not sure. Not a big wool user.

One huge new diaper is Goodmama. I can't believe I just remembered it. It's a fitted diaper that people on diaperswappers were RAVING about. Every 5th thread, no joke, was either "I love goodmamas!" or "Why is everyone crazy about goodmamas?" I believe her marketing was spot-on at the beginning, plus many people thought it was a fabulous diaper. They are expensive, maybe $25ish new, I think. Not sure if people like them for newborn or just older babes. There is a much bigger supply of them now and easy to find used but still at high prices. They are usually referred to by the name of the fabric pattern, which irritates the heck out of me. How do I know if I want a diaper called "Lollipops"? Is it pink or green or tiny print or bold print or what?

On diaperswappers, I noticed once that there were a million WAHMS making fleece pull-on soaker ("floakers"). A chunk of them only made floakers. I assume there was a pattern available and people went wild, not sure why.

Yes, there are tons of one-size options now, even from Fuzzibunz. Fuzzibunz has been through a lot of changes: a new sized design, a one size option, manufacturing in the USA and in other countries, and a perceived difference in sizing and quality control. I am not sure of the details or if it was a tempest in a teapot.

There is another diaper besides Smartipants where the insert will agitate out in the wash. Maybe Knickernappies?

I loved newborn Cuddlebuns, which are sherpa like Kisslauvs but stretchier, better fitting, a bit more absorbent, and longer lasting. Cuddlebuns are normally one-size, but newborn Cuddlebuns are sized just for newborns. Cuddlebuns are a pattern sewn by many WAHMs, and there is a new-ish site that makes it easier to find those wahms: http://www.cuddlebunsboutique.com/. Except I just went there and the site is closed, but it does give you a few links to find the wahm's.

The GMD diapers are wonderful. THe oranges won't fit for long as a snappi'd option, but we still use them trifolded and DS is 17 months. Thirsties covers are well-liked for newborns and fit a long time, and the Thirsties Fab Fitteds are also really nice.

Sposoeasy is a new AIO with an all-flannel inner, sewn in a quick dry manner. They have unusual laundry tabs that are tucked under a layer of PUL to really reduce snagging in the wash. They are a good, easy AIO and tend to wash and dry well.

Kindhearted Women is a popular newborn diaper, but some people have had issues with the wahms' customer service, so prefer to buy them used. Green Acre Designs is a great pocket diaper which is now available exclusively as sold color embroidered dipes. Sob... I loved their old patterns.

Bamboo as a fabric was really hot.... it can be used in prefolds, fitteds, inserts, velour, etc.

Grobaby is a new thing, not sure exactly what. CoolABaby is a Chinese knock-off of bumGenius.
    Yeah, sorry, sbish is Sustainablebabyish - www.sloomb.com. I really like her fitteds and her wool covers. WCW is Wild Child Woolies on Hyenacart - great wool covers but hard to get. We mostly do the GMD prefolds and fitteds even though we started with BG pockets. They can be finicky to launder.

Goodmamas are $35 new but you can get them for under $20 used and they are a one-size fitted so they will last from 10-35 pounds. They do need a cover though but they are pretty absorbent. She had a huge sale not too long ago and they were super cheap new.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    So she's still sewing? I checked her site and over at Hyena cart too and didn't see much going on. I used to get email updates when she was opening up spots but I can't remember seeing one for a while. I was worried maybe she wasn't sewing anymore. We really, really have used and loved our Bijou Baby fitteds!! Definitely a simple diaper but they worked really well. DD never outgrew things as quickly by rise as DS, so mediums for us have had a loooooooong life, thankfully! I'd totally get some more Bijous. I'll have to email her and find out what's up Thanks for letting me know you got some recently because I've been wondering if it was an option.
    Actually, I got a dozen from BBB Swap of all places. I did not order them directly from her. F has had exactly 1 brand new diapering item- a Loveybums in One wool cover with snap in diaper (I got more snap ins used elsewhere). Everything else is used, mostly from diaperswappers and Craigslist.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My brother was drooling over Goodmamas and so I bought him a few for a baby gift for my niece who is a few weeks younger than F (following the general rule that it's easier to fork over that kind of money when it's a gift even if you would not spend that on your own diapers!). Neither one of us can figure out what is so darn special about them. It's a nice enough diaper but it's not $35 nice IMO. When I got some Firefly fitteds for T 4+ years ago, I saw what the fuss was about and exactly what I had paid for. I don't see what the fuss is about when it comes to Goodmamas. There was a point in time someone saying that on Diaperswappers would have been killed. That said I think their day in the sun has gone now, they will stay around but I don't think they will be as popular as they have been.
    Last edited by kijip; 09-22-2009 at 04:01 AM.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast