Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    Except for nighttime, I really prefer prefolds and PUL covers. They are just so much easier to clean! Esp. when your kid has a huge bf poop that requires hosing down. pockets are a pain to clean nb bf poop off of. For extra absorbency I add a hemp doubler.

My favorite cover is Thirsties. Love their wide coverage and gussets. In the rare even that the poop leaves the prefold, these covers really keep it in. In second place would be the Bummis Super Whisper Wrap for their thickness. Like Katie, I will reuse the cover unless the dipe was really wet or pooped through.

All oldies, but definitely goodies
    Just throwing this out there - I never rinsed any newborn poop...ever. Just ran it threw a prerinse cycle. My dipes were always easy to launder and never had any stink or stain issues until DS started eating solids. We use almost all pockets (DS was 11 lbs at birth) so now I deal with it, but never did in the beginning.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Just throwing this out there - I never rinsed any newborn poop...ever. Just ran it threw a prerinse cycle. My dipes were always easy to launder and never had any stink or stain issues until DS started eating solids. We use almost all pockets (DS was 11 lbs at birth) so now I deal with it, but never did in the beginning.
    You are lucky. My kid's nb bf poop is like some kind of toxic waste. I skipped hosing down a doubler once because it was just a little bit. It never came off. Even when I tried washing again with bleach.

Even when I super hose down these dipes, sometimes the stain just won't come off completely.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    Yeah, I like prefolds with little ones, but I like having *some* fitteds for the newborn stage.

I'm new to Thirsties but have picked up 2 xs and 2 smalls now off of diaper swappers. Some of our old covers (especially anything aplix) have seen better days
    Beth if you want some fitteds, I would highly recommend Swaddlebees. I find their crotch too narrow for older babies, but for the first few months they are perfect. Nice and thick with a little doubler attached. The only problem is that mine are borrowed from my sis and I don't know if they have changed any in the last couple of years.

I have one (borrowed) Bijou Baby and it is the cutest thing ever! works pretty well too. But Swaddlebees is more absorbent I think. I have very heavy wetters, and absorbency is always and issue.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Beth I also wanted to say that I use BG one size for nighttime. They worked great for Dora, who was already 2.5 when we started. They are not so great for Arwyn, even when I put them on the smallest setting. I can't even imagine using them for Laurel. Then I have to stuff the very full to last all night. I tried stuffing a Happy Cheeks and putting it on Laurel last night. She hated it. Her bum couldn't even lie flat on the mattress. I think the problem with one size is that it doesn't always work well for little babies and even younger toddlers. If I had known what I do now I would've gone with sized pockets as I needed them. I am strongly considering figuring the cost of 2 S Thirsties AIOs vs. disposables.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

just thought I'd pop with a "review" on a new diaper. I saw the gro baby diaper and thought it was a fantastic idea. I got a shell with 3 inserts. I SO wanted these to work but they have been terrible.
    *the rise is SO low on my son.
    * the inserts are shaped so the largest part is in the back, and for my son I need the absorbency in front (you can't switch it around because the insert snaps in, and when turned so that largest part of the insert is in front, the snaps no longer match up).
    *the diaper leaks every.single.time (see previous bullet)
    * the shell is always wet. A large draw to me was being able to re-use the shell and just replacing the insert, but with the shell being wet every time I can't reuse the shell.
    *the insert doesn't absorb much, when I take off the diaper, the only part that is wet is directly (and I mean right in front) in front of the *source*. The middle and back of the insert is completely dry.

Anywho....had really high hopes for this diaper, and it just didn't work for us

Bumgenius is coming out with a couple of new systems: The Flip and the Econobum. They are essentially cover systems with either prefolds or disposable inserts - might be worth considering.

I know that even though I have a TON of dipes, I still want to try the Flip!

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by tarnator View Post
    Bumgenius is coming out with a couple of new systems: The Flip and the Econobum. They are essentially cover systems with either prefolds or disposable inserts - might be worth considering.

I know that even though I have a TON of dipes, I still want to try the Flip!
    I'm gun shy with BG. I don't know what was up with our first 2 BG 2.0s, but they never, ever worked for us. Always leaked out the leg/tabs...and the microsuede (or whatever the inner is) I swear almost repelled (??)) and i bought them new. I totally should have tried to get my money back, but I kept thinking someday she'd grow into them better or they'd work for us. Never did LOL...and I was far from a CDing newbie. I still wonder to this day if I just got some bad dipes or something because our experience was really the most awful I've had with any cloth dipe...but I know lots of people them. For us, they were a complete and total no-go.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Just throwing this out there - I never rinsed any newborn poop...ever. Just ran it threw a prerinse cycle. My dipes were always easy to launder and never had any stink or stain issues
    same here. Never had a problem with either kid with just doing a cold prerinse and then a regular hot wash.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5