Default 100% Cotton Blanket

Hi!

I plan to get some good 100% cotton blanket for my baby.
    Since I am 1st time mom, I am not sure how many should I get?
    Also, where is the best place to buy cotton blankets (e.g., brand, online, etc.)?

So far, I have bought 3 crib sheets and a crib set from BabyGap.
    However, I was told that cotton blanket are best for newborn and thus, not intended to use the quilt.

BTW, I live in Northen California, so I don't expect to have a real winter...

Have you thought of getting sleep sacks for the baby? So much easier than dealing with baby kicking off the blankets.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Have you thought of getting sleep sacks for the baby? So much easier than dealing with baby kicking off the blankets.
    Not really. Are those good? Can we use the sleep sacks when it grows say to 3-6 months?

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Carters sleep sacksfit up to 9 month size they come in fleece and cotton. HALO sleep sacks come in all sizes. You probably only want to use cotton blankets for swaddling, you can find flannel ones easily and cheaply. I only use blankets over the babies legs in the carseat and for swaddling. It is not recomended to use blankets on a small baby except to tightly swaddle.

YOu will probably get a ton of cotton blankets as gifts.

DS son sleeps in either a gown, sleeper or sleepsack, no blanket. I didn't really swaddle as he was a summer baby. I use the quilts for floor play!

Carters is sold at outlets, major department stores and babies r us. You can definitely find HALO sacks at babies R US and online.
    Last edited by catsnkid; 09-21-2009 at 07:32 PM.

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've heard the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets are nice to swaddle with......I used Halo 100% cotton sleep sacks (swaddle sacks for the first three months)....still use them with DD (who is 19 months old).........you can get them just about anywhere......

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10