Default Introducing myself

Hi there,

I'm Erica, and our first baby girl is due Christmas day. I've been using the Baby Bargains book a LOT for both the nursery and my registry. Figured it out today - we did the entire nursery for about $600. That included a glider and ottoman, dresser, changing table/wall shelf combo, crib and mattress, a little storage bench and a tiny chair and footstool. I owe it to the book! Well, and to IKEA and Target.....

Our girl will be Isabelle Faye, and her theme is classic Winnie the Pooh. My husband had the ambitious project of painting the nursery with a mural of the hundred "aker" woods - his idea, believe it or not. We're not QUITE done with it but I will post pics as soon as we are.

Does anyone else just spend time sitting in the baby's nursery, relaxing? It's the most peaceful room in the house right now. Even the dog hangs out in there

Welcome! There are a lot of great moms and dads on here. Hope you enjoy being with us!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Welcome to the boards. I used to spend a little time in DS room before he was born. Now that he's 18 months -- not so relaxing!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Welcome!!

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Welcome! And congrats on your new nursery - it sounds lovely!
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Welcome and great job with doing the nursery on a budget! Please do post pics. I agree with the peacefulness of the nursery. I love sitting in DS's room just to unwind. Congrats and what a beautiful name!

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Welcome! The nursery sounds wonderful! I have learned a lot from the wonderful people here.
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03