Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bath issues....

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    Lazy? WTF? That's an awfully disrepectful thing to say to your wife. A crack like that out of my husband would mean he just instantly got himself a new job. If he's that particular let him do it.
    Another

I have always rinsed DD and DS with the "dirty" bathwater. When I take a bath I don't bother to rinse myself off with fresh water either. Seems to me like a waste of water.

Now if the kids had been in a mud wrestling contest? I would change the bath water...
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Tell your husband that "lazy" women don't give baths, they look for bath-like opportunities to justify not giving a bath. Pool party? Swimming class? Water play?

I am lazy, so I know what I'm talkin' 'bout. . . .

And the only reason I use clean water to rinse DD when I do bathe her is b/c of her eczema and limiting her contact with soap.
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by dcmom2b3 View Post
    Tell your husband that "lazy" women don't give baths, they look for bath-like opportunities to justify not giving a bath. Pool party? Swimming class? Water play?

I am lazy, so I know what I'm talkin' 'bout. . . .
    That's not lazy, that's creative problem-solving.
    -Kate

Mom to Sally & Leo - 2/20/07

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Lazy? WTF? That's an awfully disrepectful thing to say to your wife. A crack like that out of my husband would mean he just instantly got himself a new job. If he's that particular let him do it.
    Hell yeah.

And FWIW I usually use the "dirty" bathwater too. So not a big deal.

As an aside, I remember reading a frontiers-day book (I think one of the "Little House on the Prairie" series) that back then, on bath day they'd fill a tub with hot water, and each person would get a turn in the bath. The same dirty, soapy water. And it was a LUXURY to be the last person because then you were allowed to linger in the water instead of having to get out quick for the next person's turn.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't think it's lazy. If he wants it done a certain way, he should do it.

With that said, I always rinse DD's hair with pitchers of clean water. More often than not, her bath water has been colored with the crayola color tablets. The idea of rinsing freshly cleaned hair with blue/gray/brown/red water just doesn't appeal to me!

marit is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've been rinsing my DD's hair with the dirty bath water for 6.5 years now and my DS's for 4, and they both lived to tell!
    Marit

Mom to DD Ballerina, 2003
    and DS Superhero, 2005
    and DD CurlyQ, 2009

Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
    Herein lies the peace of God.

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've also been using "dirty" bathwater and have only recently begun to consider if I should be getting fresh water out of the faucet to rinse off.

If your DH is that particular then have him do it.
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

I used to wash hair first then body and always bathwater to rinse.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    As an aside, I remember reading a frontiers-day book (I think one of the "Little House on the Prairie" series) that back then, on bath day they'd fill a tub with hot water, and each person would get a turn in the bath. The same dirty, soapy water. And it was a LUXURY to be the last person because then you were allowed to linger in the water instead of having to get out quick for the next person's turn.
    Frontier days, or rural south in the 40s. This was my mom's childhood, the bathtub was behind the wood burning stove in the kitchen. Fights between the three girls over who went first (warmer water) and last (longer bath).

If OP's husband had to haul the water into the house from a hand-pumped well outside, maybe he'd rethink his position.
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Totally agree with cvanbrunt - - your dh has himself a new job!

I would never use water from the faucet. I am absolutely paranoid about hot/burning water especially with a young baby and I feel like its easier for accidents to happen with water temp using the faucet. Especially in an older house where faucet water temps can fluctuate wildly after you turn on the water and think you have established a temp.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast