Default My friend used 1koo.com and I'm wondering if anyone had any luck with Edressit.com

My friend Jess was married last year and she used 1koo.com for her dress, her bridesmaids, and her mother's dress. She also had a second ceremony in Hawaii and ordered another dress from them as she was happy the first time. I'm posting all the info I have on her wedding to help anyone out. Also posting some recommendations as I was bridesmaid so I know all that went into buying, fitting and whatnot. I might use 1koo.com as I know she was happy with them but I found a lot I liked on edressit.com - has anyone used them? If so how was the experience?

Jess had sent in pictures of dresses she liked with big bold circles around each part she liked and then sketched whatever she couldn't find a picture of. They said they could do it and I believe with shipping her dress was $190. The bridesmaids dresses she just picked from what they had on the site and picked her color (the color was correct). I think she did the same for her mom's dress.

Now the only problems Jess had were annoying but not life threatening. She knew all her bridesmaids sizes so she just ordered the standard sizes and we would alter them here. The dress's weren't sized for extra curves - I'm a size 8 with a D cup and it felt like I was being strangled. Her sister is a 4 but has a bit extra in her butt and with the dress being so tight to about mid-thigh, she had a hard time with sitting and actually at the wedding, she busted the seem below the zipper. The other bridesmaid had just had a baby and was in a 14 at the time but by the time of the wedding, she was almost my size and there wasn't time for second alterations so the dress was swimming on her (first fitting took the dress to in between a 10-12).

Another thing with the bridesmaids dresses. Our dresses were all beaded with a design and drastic alterations are costly as they have to adjust beading. The new mommy's alterations were about half the original cost of the dress and had she gotten it altered again, it would have cost the same as the dress. Jess didn't measure herself right and when she sent in her measurements for a custom dress, it came in WAY too small. Jess knows that was her fault so PLEASE measure yourself right. With everything we went through, go a little bigger and remember you can have them altered and the costs are still less then paying a bridal house...as long as the dress is what you wanted.

Back to Jess, she had to have her dress let out all the way. Jess is a size 2/4 and ended up in spanks and a corset under her dress to make it fit comfortably. Jess is also short (5'3") and wore 4 inch heels (her husband is over 6') so she found her shoes first and measured herself for length with the shoes on. She wanted her shoes to show a little bit so the length was right where she wanted it.

The biggest issue there was would have been the mother of the brides dress. The design was what Jess had picked but the color was wrong (its a bolder and darker then she wanted, she wanted a softer almost lavender shade) and made it look like a prom dress. The other problem with the dress was the neck had a halt wrap on it that didn't detach for easier on and off and made it very difficult to get her into the dress after her hair was done. Because Jess had did what they called a "custom order" she couldn't return the dress and decided to use it anyway.

Below I am posting a few pictures from the wedding. If anyone wants, I can try to find some closer details and post those. If your wondering, in the group shot I'm all the way left.

Smile Edressit?

Hi I just saw your post and I'm interested to see what you think of edressit if you did end up buying anything. I really like some of there dresses but I'm uncertain whether to buy from them. Thanks