Default Maclaren Stroller recall

Maclaren issued a stroller "recall" on their umbrella strollers.

Below is the copied info from the site: Maclaren Recall

Consistent with our unwavering commitment to child safety we are providing U.S. consumers notice of a voluntary recall of all Maclaren umbrella strollers sold in the U.S. In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, we are providing free of charge to all affected consumers and retailers a kit to cover the stroller's hinge mechanism, which poses a fingertip amputation and laceration hazard to the child when the consumer is unfolding/opening the stroller. The affected models include Volo, Triumph, Quest Sport, Quest Mod, Techno XT, Techno XLR, Twin Triumph, Twin Techno and Easy Traveller.

Maclaren USA's Umbrella Strollers meet all U.S. ASTM & JPMA compliance standards. These certifications guarantee our umbrella strollers meet the maximum safety standards available. The voluntary recall is to alert the operator when opening or closing the stroller of the possible risk of injury.

Safety is our first priority and through this voluntary effort we urge consumers to contact us immediately to obtain the kit which consists of hinge covers designed specifically to fit all Maclaren strollers.

Maclaren stresses all operators read the instruction manual prior to use which contains valuable safety tips and service recommendations.
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

The U.S. site for Maclaren's webpage is not working. I bet they are being bombarded wtih e-mails.

this completely SUCKS.

Yea, it took me a LONG time to pull this up on their site. That is why I quoted what the recall page said also, just in case others were having an issue with the page.
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)