Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BSax is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Ergo heart to heart insert

just received my new heart to heart insert in the mail for my ergo carrier and tried it out with my 8lbs, 7 oz newborn. it's great! he fits in there so snugly and it's really comfortable to carry. just a public service announcement for all you baby carriers out there!

I'm very excited about this product! I hope it becomes available at BBB sooner than later!!

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't have a newborn anymore, but I am happy to see this product. Whenever I recommend the Ergo (which is a LOT) people are turned off by the fact that there hasn't been a good solution for the 0-3 month phase (which is when so many people rely heavily on carriers anyway). This is awesome!
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

Where did you find it online? I'm tempted to order through "Natural Mom Resource" at http://www.naturalmomresource.com/ca...tural-IIN.html, but I don't really know anything about the site/company. I like that there's no shipping charge, though.

With the Heart to Heart insert, how do the baby's feet lay in there? Do they fold in front of the baby or stick out the sides of the carrier? And does the baby's head lean back in the insert or do you turn the baby's head sideways and have it lay on your chest? I've used the old version of the insert and I'm just wondering how this one differs in the baby's position in it...
    DS 7/09
    DD 1/11
    DS 12/12
    DS 11/14

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug47 View Post
    Where did you find it online? I'm tempted to order through "Natural Mom Resource" at http://www.naturalmomresource.com/ca...tural-IIN.html, but I don't really know anything about the site/company. I like that there's no shipping charge, though.

With the Heart to Heart insert, how do the baby's feet lay in there? Do they fold in front of the baby or stick out the sides of the carrier? And does the baby's head lean back in the insert or do you turn the baby's head sideways and have it lay on your chest? I've used the old version of the insert and I'm just wondering how this one differs in the baby's position in it...
    I actually ordered mine from nautral mom resource website. I chose the free 8 day shipping and had it in 3 days! very good customer service and quick delivery. ds is only 9 days old so right now his feet fold in front of him, he's almost swaddled in the insert and then his head lays against my chest. there is a little butt cushion thing that he sits on and once hes bigger, you can remove that and just use the padding /back of the insert, then I imagine his feet could go out the side of the carrier. really cushy and supportive.

Oh good! I just ordered a heart-to-heart insert from them, so I'm excited to receive it. My little guy is just over three months, so I'll be interested to see how it works with him. He's pretty long and I wonder whether he'll like having his legs folded in front of him... He has also started drooling, so having his head against my chest would probably require putting a burp cloth there to absorb any droolage.

I had the old infant insert (where you wrap the baby up like a burrito and slide him in sideways) and just returned it today, hoping that the new one will be a good replacement. With the old insert, I put my son in it when I knew he was pretty close to needing to take a nap, so he would squirm in it a bit ('not sure if he was uncomfortable or just fighting sleep) but then fall asleep shortly afterward. I would walk around and make dinner or bake or whatever, but within about a half hour he would have slid down pretty far into the insert, so that I would have to keep checking that he had enough open air around his mouth. It worked okay, I guess, but I really hope this new version works much better and is more comfortable and convenient for both him and me!
    DS 7/09
    DD 1/11
    DS 12/12
    DS 11/14

Wow! This looks great. I didn't see this when DS was an infant and so I wrapped him in a fluffy blanket, which worked..but it was awkward.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OK, so that's why I was able to find what looked like a "deal" for the Ergo carrier and the infant insert on Amazon ... there's a new-and-improved version out now!

My only concern would be the way it works in warmer weather ... does the fabric in the Heart-to-Heart wick?

ETA: Just found the H2H insert on Amazon & added it to my registry there as well.
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 10-13-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug47 View Post
    Oh good! I just ordered a heart-to-heart insert from them, so I'm excited to receive it. My little guy is just over three months, so I'll be interested to see how it works with him. He's pretty long and I wonder whether he'll like having his legs folded in front of him... He has also started drooling, so having his head against my chest would probably require putting a burp cloth there to absorb any droolage.

I had the old infant insert (where you wrap the baby up like a burrito and slide him in sideways) and just returned it today, hoping that the new one will be a good replacement. With the old insert, I put my son in it when I knew he was pretty close to needing to take a nap, so he would squirm in it a bit ('not sure if he was uncomfortable or just fighting sleep) but then fall asleep shortly afterward. I would walk around and make dinner or bake or whatever, but within about a half hour he would have slid down pretty far into the insert, so that I would have to keep checking that he had enough open air around his mouth. It worked okay, I guess, but I really hope this new version works much better and is more comfortable and convenient for both him and me!
    if he's big enough, you can probably take the bumper butt cushion thingy out of the insert and let his legs hang out on either side of the ergo, just play with it and find something comfy for both of you! enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    OK, so that's why I was able to find what looked like a "deal" for the Ergo carrier and the infant insert on Amazon ... there's a new-and-improved version out now!

My only concern would be the way it works in warmer weather ... does the fabric in the Heart-to-Heart wick?

ETA: Just found the H2H insert on Amazon & added it to my registry there as well.
    it's pretty thick and padded , but since I have a newborn now and it's already freezing here in chicago I wasn't too worried about him getting hot. you can probably email ergo to find out what they say.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast