Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I don't believe the heart-to-heart has any specific wicking qualities
    Laurel
    Owner, Carry Me Away
    Mama to Jack, 5 and Maddy, 3

I've never seen that! Thanks so much!!

There's some pictures of how it works on the Sling Lady blog: http://carrymeaway.com/slinglady/how...t-insert-work/

I didn't love the old one and thought it was a waste of money, but this does look better, if you already have an ERGO and don't want to get a pouch or ring sling.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BSax View Post
    it's pretty thick and padded , but since I have a newborn now and it's already freezing here in chicago I wasn't too worried about him getting hot. you can probably email ergo to find out what they say.
    I'm due in March and weather can be kind of unpredictable here in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksMommy View Post
    I don't believe the heart-to-heart has any specific wicking qualities
    That's kind of sucky. Wicking isn't just about keeping you cool; it keeps you warm, too! (This is why I wear wicking socks in the wintertime as well as in the summertime...no cold toes!)

I just want to say thank you for this thread. I have an Ergo and recently bought a Gypsy Mama stretch wrap in anticipation of a newborn. I've been pondering getting the insert for the Ergo too, and it's super helpful to know there's a new insert and see some feedback for it!

Catherine

I got my heart-to-heart last week and tried it with my 3.5-month-old son. I do like the extra padding in the butt part, and it's cool that he can sit up higher in the carrier than with the old infant insert, which he kept slipping down in. So far, though, my son hasn't really seemed completely comfortable in it because he has to face my chest, which isn't quite as interesting as looking out sideways and being able to see things, which he could do in the old insert, which settled him in sideways in a little burrito package. And if he wanted to fall asleep in the new version, he'd have to turn his head all the way to the side in order to lay it on my chest, which isn't the most comfy position. So, he ends up with his hands in front of him, trying to keep from bumping his nose against my chest. I almost feel like he's maybe too old for it already or something. If he were a tiny infant still, he could maybe just snuggle into it and fall asleep, but he's an alert little guy who likes to look around and is learning to hold his head up by himself. I'll keep trying it with him and see if I have more luck in my next attempts with it.
    DS 7/09
    DD 1/11
    DS 12/12
    DS 11/14

For anyone thinking of ordering the new insert just a caution note, the organic beige insert is actually light pink, and you can imagine what my DH had to say about that for his son upon arrival!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma View Post
    For anyone thinking of ordering the new insert just a caution note, the organic beige insert is actually light pink, and you can imagine what my DH had to say about that for his son upon arrival!
    Maybe they goofed?

BTW, the color you chose was specifically called "beige" or was it called "natural"?

The one I bought was the organic beige to match my black/camel carrier. I don't think it was a mistake on their end because the box does say beige. Just wanted to point this out as it may bother other parents when carrying boys. I figure it will lead to stranger comments about our girl/daughter because of the color and you won't be able to see him or his outfit in the insert.

How long can you use the infant insert? I just go tmy Ergo carrier and have used it with my son who is 11wks, by swaddling him...which seems to work fine. He seems comfy and falls asleep quickly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast