mamaAnn is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default It's official-I do NOT like Target's Up&Up dipes!

I read on here that people liked them so thought I'd try them.
    YUCK! Not only do they not hold as much pee (and DD is not a heavy wetter) but they have come off her twice in 2 days and she peed all over her clothes and the bed. Grr.
    The tabs only stay on the grippy strip rather than anywhere on the diaper like others I've used. I guess she squirmed enough that it slipped off the strip.
    The sides also get bunched up like a bikini so she ends up with less coverage on her butt cheeks.
    They also do not have the elastic waist in the back so she poops out of them more often.

DD is only 3 mos so it's not like she's moving all over FYI.

So that's my review. Just wanted to share in case anyone else was wondering how these worked. Obviously they work well for others but not me.
    I'll stick to Huggies or Wal-mart brand.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mamaAnn View Post
    The tabs only stay on the grippy strip rather than anywhere on the diaper like others I've used. I guess she squirmed enough that it slipped off the strip.
    The sides also get bunched up like a bikini so she ends up with less coverage on her butt cheeks.
    They also do not have the elastic waist in the back so she poops out of them more often.
    Wow really? Are we talking about the same diaper? My almost-walking 13-month-old wears them with no problem, and they DO have elastic on the back waist (it's not as nice as Kirkland's or Huggies elastic, but it's there). And our tabs do stick elsewhere on the diaper...I do it all the time when I roll it up for disposal! That's a bummer that they don't work for you!! They're a nice cheap option!

mamaAnn is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Mine are the blue/green polka dots. Are yours?
    Mine definitely do not have elastic in the back-we use size 2s. It's just flat.
    Mine also don't stick anywear else on the diaper-I tried!

Guess it's weird how they work differently for different kids.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mamaAnn View Post
    Mine are the blue/green polka dots. Are yours?
    Mine definitely do not have elastic in the back-we use size 2s. It's just flat.
    Mine also don't stick anywear else on the diaper-I tried!

Guess it's weird how they work differently for different kids.
    Wow, wonder if the size 2's are different!! We use the size 3s, and compared to Kirkland's diapers, they aren't as contoured, and are a bit stiffer, but for a budget dipe they work great for us, especially if your baby has solid stool now. If the poop is still watery, these diapers will leak if you don't change them soon enough. And mine definitely have elastic on the back and the tabs stick anywhere! Yes, blue and green polka-dots too!

Some Up&Up diapers have elastic, some do not. The ones I buy in CA do, the ones I bought in IL did not. We were visiting family in late July and had my mom buy the up&up diapers, we had a few extra and brought them home. That's how I realized the difference.

I like the up&up diapers for my 13-month old, but there is no way we could have used them (or any other generic) when DS was breastfeeding. Only pampers could contain everything. Once solids were started and the bowel movements became more solid was I able to use the up&up diapers.