Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hey..just wanted to say that we have the Expedit and I recently found some awesome bins at Target that work well. They are the same size as what is in the middle picture, but not clear. The colors available were blue, red, and lime green. They have hinged tops and fit two to a cube like in the OP's middle photo. They are not clear, though, so I'm putting picture labels on mine for my boys to be able to know what's in them. The brand was "itso" and I paid maybe $7/bin.

HTH!
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

Thanks to the OP for her inspiration on this as well. We bought the Expedit shelves and looked at all of the storage bins at Ikea, Home Depot, and Target (including the ones red/blue ones the most recent poster mentioned) and ended up going with the exact Container Store items that you posted. I LOVE how it all goes together! The only problem now is... I need more shelves! I've moved beyond the toys and organized all of our Wii stuff into a container, the kids DVDs into another container... i could keep organizing up to the celing!

I'll try to post pictures when i can.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    PERFECT TIMING, thanks! I'm still having that Trofast vs Expedit debate in my head and this really helps!
    I have both and would say if I were to do it again I would do ALL Expedit. The Trofast is very limiting with the combinations of bins/shelves that you can do. Just MHO.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Quote Originally Posted by justlearning View Post
    Oh, I forgot to talk about their shoe boxes. I found that they didn't work well for the Expedit shelves but they were useful in organizing my pantry (in addition to organizing supplies in my bathroom and closet). I'm attaching a picture showing how I'm using them in my pantry. I like them for storing bags that tend to fall over as well as snacks for the kids. I individually bag raisins or other healthy snacks so they're ready to grab for lunches and keep those stored in the shoe boxes on my shelves. For $1 (less with the coupon), they seem to work well for that purpose.
    This is a great idea! My pantry is sort of narrow but deep. This would make it easy to get to the stuff in the back.
    Last edited by jerigirl; 01-05-2010 at 10:53 PM.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

If anyone is looking for the Deep Ultra Storage Baskets from Sterilite that are an awesome fit and awesome price, they are available on amazon. Six bins for $20. Thanks to mnosky1 here for sharing that news with me: I was over the moon when she told me since I have put out an APB on these baskets at Walmarts in three towns and cannot find them.

Link here. Note the "titanium" inserts are just plastic handles painted to look metallic, looks fine but don't expect any real metal on these baskets. http://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-1628.../dp/B002BDTETC

They fully fit in one Expedit cube, but slide in and out easily, plus leave some room at the top so an item can be tossed in the basket without fully pulling it out. They can be spraypainted with Krylon Fusion spraypaint.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

VClute is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am THRILLED to now be (per BBB recommendations) the proud owner of a 5x5 expedit. All four of us made the 3-hour pilgrimmage to the nearest IKEA back in SEPTEMBER (!) but DH just put the shelves together last weekend. I love it, I love it, I love it!!

I have some of those deep bins (bought at Target, I think - not knowing they would fit so well) and we have the IKEA-bought baskets all along the bottom. DH is so pleased with it all that we're making another trip to IKEA (sans kids this time, so we can REALLY browse!) in two weeks.

This has been a GOD-send in our junky playroom. Now everything has a place. Plus I have all my fabrics stacked in the top cubes, and all the kids' outgrown clothing (in bins) on the top, ready for swap or consignment.

We may get the one that has the space for a TV. I should post a separate thread about that...
    Amy in NC
    mom to Dixon, 2/14/2005
    and Abigail, 4/7/2007

toby is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jerigirl View Post
    This is a great idea! My panty is sort of narrow but deep. This would make it easy to get to the stuff in the back.
    Jerigirl- I know that you meant to write "pantry" instead of "panty"...but the image of a narrow and deep panty gave me the giggles. I am definitely overtired!

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    Jerigirl- I know that you meant to write "pantry" instead of "panty"...but the image of a narrow and deep panty gave me the giggles. I am definitely overtired!
    Obviously I am overtired too. Thanks for the catch!
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Thanks for posting your organizing ideas! I am also a big container store fan. I use some of the bins in our playroom and some in the kids closet. I use one type of bin for each season's clothes....upcoming spring, past spring to try on for this season. past spring to sell on Ebay/giveaway etc. They are not huge bins but fit a fair amt. It makes life much easier. I've been thinking about how to organize our bins in the playroom and was wondering what type of bookcases might fit the bins. Great Ideas!!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by american_mama View Post
    If anyone is looking for the Deep Ultra Storage Baskets from Sterilite that are an awesome fit and awesome price, they are available on amazon. Six bins for $20. Thanks to mnosky1 here for sharing that news with me: I was over the moon when she told me since I have put out an APB on these baskets at Walmarts in three towns and cannot find them.

Link here. Note the "titanium" inserts are just plastic handles painted to look metallic, looks fine but don't expect any real metal on these baskets. http://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-1628.../dp/B002BDTETC

They fully fit in one Expedit cube, but slide in and out easily, plus leave some room at the top so an item can be tossed in the basket without fully pulling it out. They can be spraypainted with Krylon Fusion spraypaint.
    Did you see I had updated your post that you can get them at Walmart again? I haven't been to the store, but some have said they're back. They are online for $19 for 6.
    Kris

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast