♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default for all you IKEA fans out there...

just FYI, there's a contest currently going on @ IKEA fans website that is giving away bookcases & IKEA gift cards, for the best stories/photos re: usage of the BILLY bookcase. In the US contest first prize is a limited-edition bookshelf + $100 gift card, second prize is $100 gift card, third prize is $50 gift card i think. Winners will be chosen by number of votes their entry gets (last day to vote is October 28). Here is the link to more info about the contest:

http://www.ikeafans.com/forums/ikea-...kcase-contest/

Anyway, since I am an avid fan of IKEA furniture, I figured I'd enter the contest. Here is my thread with my entry (pics of my handbag room)... if you like it, please vote for me!!

http://www.ikeafans.com/forums/ikea-...ust-books.html

Note that you have to register on the IKEA fans website (it's free) to enter the contest and/or to vote for another entry. If you enter the contest though, you can't vote for your own entry, you can only vote for someone else's.

Anyway i think the deadline to enter is October 25. Just thought I'd give everyone here a heads up to this contest since I don't think it's widely known about yet (i think it just started).

LOVE it!!! You have my vote! I LOVE your collection as much as I love your creativity of a "handbag room" and usage of the Billy!!!!! Love all the vernis in there and I especially how you have displayed the paper shopping bags up top LOL. I save those too. Any chance you belong to the TPF forums too?

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wow. I am in awe.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It's a lovely collection, and an awesome use of the shelves.

I mean this is only a nice way - I was going to ask if you really had kids....

And then I saw that you don't (yet)!

Congrats & Good luck!

Would love to know what you have planned for diaper bags!
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

WHat came i nthe Hermes bag?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    LOVE it!!! You have my vote! I LOVE your collection as much as I love your creativity of a "handbag room" and usage of the Billy!!!!! Love all the vernis in there and I especially how you have displayed the paper shopping bags up top LOL. I save those too. Any chance you belong to the TPF forums too?
    aw thanks so much!!! and yep i'm on TPF...i've been on there for about 2 years now..much to the dismay of my DH hehe

maydaymommy - LOL! yeah who knows how much time i'll have for my bags/accessories once my baby is born, i guess I'll find out in 3 months! and as for diaper bags, i currently plan on using one of my LV canvas bags, the azur Totally MM that I just got last week (here is a link to stock pictures of the bag on someone's blog). its funny, i still wanted to have an LV diaper bag, despite the fact that on the inside cover of BabyBargains one of the seven biggest wastes of $$ was "an LV diaper bag"...(my DH *loved* reading that, lol!)

Ceepa - wow, so cool you spotted that! the bag is from when I got a Ulysse Notebook and a matching Carmencita, in the Lagon color. here is a pic of them I took a while back. i would love to get more Hermes eventually (maybe even a Birkin!), but that's years away...

Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 10-20-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: added something

Quote Originally Posted by jent View Post
    Wow. I am in awe.
    I am drooling over your bags.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

what a gorgeous bag collection!