Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Post pictures of your wall decals please

Has anyone used wall decals to decorate your wall? I'm looking for ideas and would love to see what others have done. I was at BRU today and they had a ton of different wall decal sets. Most were super cute. I picked up a tree decal, but I think I'll go back for a set of animals too. I've seen wall decal sets at Target too.

Anyone want to share?
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Sorry I haven't taken any pics yet but did want to recommend WallNutz.com to you. I checked them out because of their rating in BB and love their Zootle decals and glow in the dark stars. They go on great and you really can take them off and re-stick them because I've moved them around until I was happy with the placement. I think they really bring the room together and we did the whole room and ceiling for $100 which I think is great and no need to re-paint after the baby color stage!

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have fisher price rainforest ones on a light green paint. I don't know if you can still gethem.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I put up my tree today! I think it came out nice. We have a nook in our master bedroom and that's where Parker's crib and changing table are. No separate nursery or anything. I may try and find some animals to add to the wall still. It was really easy to do. The decals are super thin, like scotch tape, but more flexible. There's no way a little kid/toddler would be able to peel them off. I got the kit at BRU for $29.99. Since our walls are green though, IRL it's kind of hard to see the green leaves (although in the pics it's harder to see the yellow leaves). The tree is not very big though-- about 53" tall and 41" wide (the trunk ends about an inch below the hamper).

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I LOVE that tree! I have been wanting to try these out for some time, but my DH is sooo anal about the walls. He insists that even though they are removable they will still leave some sort of residue behind. My kids' rooms are decorated nicely, BUT it would take it to a whole new level to be able to put some wall decals on. I saw a really cool train one, where it looks like a big locamotive is coming right into the room and I KNOW DS2 would just be nuts over that if I put it in his room.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Love your tree! Too bad the colors won't work with our nursery, or I'd consider getting the same.

Am planning to order a baby announcement wall decal from Etsy once our little one arrives. Etsy has a ton of cute wall decals!
    ~ Becca

DS: 11/09
    DC: Arriving 12/11

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The tree looks so great!

I have these animal silhouette decals for DD's room but I haven't had a chance to put them up yet:

http://www.wallstickeroutlet.com/wal...RecordID=50313

I thought about these two options for DS's room but am (just barely) restraining myself for now:

city: http://www.boodalee.com/sampleitem1.html

sky: http://www.whatisblik.com/shop/explore/cloud-re-stik

I've heard good things about this website too: http://www.wallies.com/

ETA: I love the etsy monogram decals! That's such a cool idea, and I can't believe how reasonable the price is!
    Last edited by gobadgers; 10-21-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

That tree looks great! The colors are really nice. I love the idea of wall decals, but DD has a small room and I think it would be too much. Her room has chair rail molding and is painted pink on the top half and cream on the bottom (maybe thats the real problem). If anyone has put up decals on a wall with chair rail, I would love to see pics of how that was done successfully. Thanks!
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i love wall decals! they're so perfect for decorating a nursery. here's a few pics of the tree we have in our nursery. it's pretty big..it's about 5 feet tall. The kind we got was Roommates. We ordered it from amazon, but i saw it available at BuyBuyBaby.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast