poppy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How Do you wash the material for Uppa Baby?

I took the fabric and took the inside cardboard out. I've been told this is machine washable. The only thing is the cardboard part of the footrest part is sewn in and can't be removed. Is it okay to wash it with this? I took the cardboard part out of the seat itself. I have no idea how I'll be putting this thing all back together.

Any prior BTDT info would be appreciated! TIA!

I talked to a rep this morning.

Here are the directions for anyone who needs to wash their cushions but don't know how:

Do not (be like me) and take off the hard cardboard backing off anywhere--it's so hard to take on and off. I have no idea how I'm going to get that thing back on. You can wash it with that thing on.

Wash it on delicate cycle, cold, no agitator. She said it's probably better to hand wash with gentle detergent, but I really don't have time to do that. She said you can also wash the buckles, no problem. We never talked about drying but I assume just air dry. I wouldn't put it in the dryer, just in case.

The reps are pleasant over at Uppa Baby and very helpful. I suggested putting the washing directions on their website and she said she'd pass that information along.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've always hand washed it, and air dry. I figured the cardboard could be damaged in the washing mashine, and didn't want to take a chance. Hand washing did not take more than a few minutes.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Update:

To clean the sunshield (top part), use a Philips screwdriver on one side and it slides off per the rep at Uppa Baby.

Only air drying is recommended.

I know it's better to hand wash but I don't think I can get it really clean that way b/c there is a lot of crap on it, plus my DS threw up on this recently and it really smells. I also don't have the patience for it. I never buy anything I can't put in the machine or dry clean.

I washed it and it turned out great, the cardboard thing was not affected by the washing machine.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am impressed. I got most of the cover off the Vista a couple of months ago when DD had an accident, but never got it all the way off to machine wash so I ended up spot cleaning with Folex and it worked great.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)