Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Automoblox....sizes

Are the big ones proportionately more fun than the small ones? Never seen IRL but noticed some decent markdowns on Amazon on the little ones.

For instance, is it better to have one large car or like 3 small ones, ykwim?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Melaine-- I am going to send you a PM. I hope to get a photo of the one I have posted on Amazon.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We have 6 of the smaller ones, and Jack has so much fun interchanging the parts and making one long car.... with the cost of the big one, I don't think we could afford to have that many of the big one... know what I mean?

I would go with the smaller ones, for affordability.

We have both. I say skip the small ones. They are too small and not as well made IMO. I've never paid full price for the large ones and we have all of them. I got most during 50% off sales.

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My kids have 4 of the large ones...I don't think the small ones would get nearly the amount of playtime. Plus I don't think the minis have the little people that fit inside. Each person has a different shape on the bottom, so it's a little shape sorter to match up the correct pieces. The little people seem to get a lot of play and mixed up into various cars.

We have 4 minis and 6 regular size. I take the minis when we travel but he definately love the regular size. That being said I would go with the 3 small v 1 regular just becasue you can do more interchanging with the 3.

The difference is that with the regular size there are people that come with the cars. The minis don't have people.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

We have two large ones (w/ people removed) and will probably get 1-2 more for Christmas. They're very well made. The minis are much smaller, but at the age of your girls, that's probably not a problem. Mind you, I've never seen them out of the box. We really pushed the age range for the larger ones but DS' fine motor skills are quite good and he's so into puzzles/blocks so I thought he'd enjoy them - which he has. Minus the tiny choking-hazard people which will be added back soon. We'll probably skip the minis but only because we've already started w/ the larger ones and we're trying to limit toys around here!
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you had a choice between 3 little ones and 1 big one, I'd probably go with the 3 little ones just so that you can exchange parts and make them bigger. That said, the little ones are not nearly as well made. The rubber parts have already come off many of the wheels and one of the pegs that holds the wheels has become bent, and therefore unusable. If you can afford 2 or more big ones, I'd recommend getting the big ones. You can usually find some good sales on the big ones if you keep an eye out for them.
    Eileen for Carmen

"If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all." Thumper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast