Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I dunno, I have had milk leak I definitely think you need to pour some out. Liquid expands when frozen, I can't imagine the carton expanding enough to accommodate it.

When I was growing up our milk was always in the 1/2 gallon cardboard containers. I'm dating myself but back then the grocery stores didn't sell in the plastic jugs. We never had a problem with freezing them and them overflowing. I also still freeze orange juice and it comes in the cardboard containers. Again, it will push the sides out but it but they go back when it thaws.

I don't know about the 1/2 gallon plastic jugs. I only buy in the gallon b/c of the amount of milk we go through. I can't see how that would be much different than the gallon jugs and i have never had a problem with them. Yes, they do expand but not enough to have them overflow.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I do and just toast it when I need it.

ETA: I only take out what I need from the freezer rather than defrost the whole loaf. I also do what pp does, spread soybutter and jam on frozen slices and by the time DS eats his lunch at school, it's defrosted.
    Last edited by DrSally; 10-29-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3