calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default favorite punch/party drink recipe

keep it virgin please for the sake of the kids. ;P We're doing a halloween party and obviously it doen't have to be the the color of halloween. Throwing in a couple of frozen hands to make the punch look festive.

w/that said, i need yorur favorite recipe please. =)

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just went to a baby shower where they served this...it was very good. It's a yellowish color...would be even better with the floating hands!!!

White Sparkling Punch
    2 24 oz bottles white grape juice
    46 oz pineapple juice
    2 liter ginger ale, chilled

luvmypeanut is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did a huge batch of pomegranate-lychee martini in a punchbowl last year with canned lychees stuffed with a blueberry for eyeballs. I've also substituted V8-Splash for the kiddie version. This year I'll have to try the frozen hands.
    DD 4/03
    DS 2/05

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

This may not be right for a Halloween party, but I LOVE coffee punch. If anyone wants the recipe let me know, and I will hunt it down.

lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My aunt used to make something she called a "fizzy" ... you basically take a bottle of fruit punch, add orange sherbet and top it off with seltzer or Sprite to make it "fizz" ... and it can be done the day-of shortly before guests arrive if you like.

I've been considering making something like this for a friend's party next weekend, but would have to find ingredients without HFCS as that makes me quite ill at the moment!

I also have a hibiscus sangria recipe that might be adaptable so it's a "mocktail" rather than a "cocktail," but I would totally have to think about it some to help you figure it out. (I got the recipe last year from TheNest.com ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    This may not be right for a Halloween party, but I LOVE coffee punch. If anyone wants the recipe let me know, and I will hunt it down.
    I'd love the coffee punch recipe if you have time!!

Erin
    DS 8/05
    DD 1/08
    DS 3/11

If you want to stay away from the soda to avoid HFCS, you could do a combination of orange juice and cranberry juice and put slices of oranges in the punch to make it festive.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by etaylor75 View Post
    I'd love the coffee punch recipe if you have time!!

Erin
    I found it: This pretty much tastes like a frappuccino.

2 oz instant coffee (I usually use Decaf)
    2 cups boiling water
    1 cup sugar
    1 gallon milk
    1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
    1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
    2 cups whipping cream or cool whip

Add coffee and sugar to boiling water. Chill it (usually do this the day ahead and stick it in the fridge). Add 1 gallon milk and ice cream (you need to leave it on the counter for an hour or so first to soften up). Mix it all thoroughly and put a huge dollop of whip cream on the top.

If you are making this for a party, I find it works to buy 2 half chocolate half vanilla ice cream cartons (I think Breyers). Then I make 1/2 the recipe at a time otherwise my punchbowl doesn't really hold it all with room to stir. If that makes sense....