Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    16. You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed".
    OK, I am not Canadian and I totally did not get most of those....but I guess thats how its supposed to be! I just had to chime in to say that DH had a friend in high school nicknamed "Zed". Why? Because he was Canadian but came to the US for high schoool. On the first day the teacher asked him to spell his name in class- lucky him, his last name had two "zeds" in it! The kids got a kick out of it, and that was it. He was called "Zed" for the next 4 years!
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

mommyp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Love it! It's usually about this time in the semester that my students ask me if I'm Canadian, once they've heard me say "about" enough times. Or pop, or grade 12....
    DD January 2008
    DS September 2011

Oh and btw, my cousins from Chicago also say pop- DH decided that it sounds better than soda....now we call it pop too! People always ask why we call it that, and I'm like- with DH you don't ask why! He can be a bit quirky !

And btw, another way I recognize a Canadian is by their "ROOTS" sweatshirt, cap, etc..
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

3blackcats is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    14. You know what a toque is.
    My husband calls a toque a toboggan. Crazy southerners!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2