Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I really shouldn't be googling/Update page 3

Myelodysplastic syndrome. I do not understand everything I am reading but it is definitely cancer and from what I can read, there is no cure. I have sufficiently freaked myself out over the fact that tomorrow will be a week since the bone marrow biopsy that now I am telling myself that it is because they think it is cancer and have to run the tests more than once before they call us and tell us.

I am really not doing a good job with the other kids and basically just laid on the couch today with the phone by my hand while they watched TV. My nerves are totally frayed. DS pulled one of DD's toys from her hands while she was sitting in a wooden kitchen chair today and knocked her over. She was ok, but I screamed bloody murder at the loud sound, I was so startled.

On the bright side, as I was sitting on the couch tonight crying and feeling crazy, I was watching "Modern Family" and it was so damn funny that I started laughing out loud while I was crying. Man that is a funny show. But isn't that the definition of insane? Laughing while crying?
    Last edited by DeeEast; 10-29-2009 at 03:09 PM.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

You still don't have any news??
    Oh, I'm sorry. The waiting must be unbearable.
    Lots of .

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry its tough and you are in limbo. I say reduce your expactations for yourself... plan to let the kids watch tv while you sit on the couch and relax..give them some snacks to keep them happy, while watching tv, etc.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

and more . Thats all.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

No, no call yet and DH finally emailed the doctor. I will be lecturing tomorrow during the time that the doctor usually calls so wish me luck with that. My worst fear is getting that phone call. My second worst fear is getting that phone call when I am in the middle of a lecture.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Sorry its tough and you are in limbo. I say reduce your expactations for yourself... plan to let the kids watch tv while you sit on the couch and relax..give them some snacks to keep them happy, while watching tv, etc.
    That's basically what I did today. I absolutely hate just letting them watch TV all day but I told myself today was an exception. They were very happy.

This is probably a dumb question, but is there a way for you to call the doctors office before your lecture and just find out if he will be calling you in the next few hours or not? Although his secretary may not know when he WILL be calling you, she may know when he WILL NOT be calling you. Like if she knows he has back-to-back appointments or something....?
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but is there a way for you to call the doctors office before your lecture and just find out if he will be calling you in the next few hours or not? Although his secretary may not know when he WILL be calling you, she may know when he WILL NOT be calling you. Like if she knows he has back-to-back appointments or something....?
    No, its not a dumb question. I pretty much asked that already. He had told me that he will call me as soon as he gets the final results. I know that he usually makes his calls anywhere from 3:30 to 5:30. But I assume he could call any other time. But I will be in class from 2 to 4:45, prime time for him calling.

I am so sorry you haven't heard anything yet. I agree with what PP have said. Reduce your expectations of yourself! Don't feel bad for watching tv. But really, you should stop Googling and trying to self-diagnose. You will only freak yourself out further.

Stay Away From Google!

Sending prayers your way mama.
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am telling myself that it is because they think it is cancer and have to run the tests more than once before they call us and tell us.
    Labs are notoriously slow. They don't seem to realize that people literally are pulling out their hair waiting for those test results. Please don't assume the worst.

From what I read, Myelodysplastic syndrome is extremely rare in children. There is no reason for you to assume that the odds are against your son.

Don't worry about letting the kids watch TV. You need that time, and they will be fine.

IME, it seems to take longer to get back a "normal, everything's fine" result than otherwise. Maybe they prioritize their contacts by who needs to take actions soonest? I don't know, but I hope no news is good news in your case.

to you for everything you have been going through lately.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast