Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Favorite Wii Games

Can you please post your favorite Wii games and if any extra equipment is necessary.TIA

My kids and I like:

Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario Party 8
    Boom Blox
    Mario Kart (you can get racing wheels for the wii remotes for this game. They're fun, but not necessary)

Also New Super Mario Bros Wii is coming out on November 15th and I've heard a lot of good things about the game. I'm planning on getting it for my boys for Christmas.

Also you can't go wrong with the Lego games, Lego Star Wars and Lego Batman (Lego Indiana Jones isn't as good). We have those games for the Xbox 360 so I don't know how they control on the Wii, but they're fun games and my kids love them.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_CA View Post
    My kids and I like:

Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario Party 8
    Boom Blox
    Mario Kart (you can get racing wheels for the wii remotes for this game. They're fun, but not necessary)

Also New Super Mario Bros Wii is coming out on November 15th and I've heard a lot of good things about the game. I'm planning on getting it for my boys for Christmas.

Also you can't go wrong with the Lego games, Lego Star Wars and Lego Batman (Lego Indiana Jones isn't as good). We have those games for the Xbox 360 so I don't know how they control on the Wii, but they're fun games and my kids love them.
    Ditto all of that! We also like:
    Outdoor Challenge
    Wii Resort
    Wii Sports
    Wii Fit

Beth

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wii Sports Resort has become the hands down favorite at my house. The game comes with one Wii Motion Plus, but you will want two or more in order to have head to head play as well as nunchucks for at least two remotes.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Elilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sorry to hijack, but does anyone have the Toy Story Mania game? I'm looking for a Wii gift fpr the family for Christmas and have heard very mixed reviews. We just got back from WDW and the kids loved the ride!

happy2bamom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

House favorites:

Mario Cart
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Wii Fit Plus (need balance board) there are lots of fun games and it allows you to challenge each other, so the whole family can do this one together.
    Kelli
    Proud mama to Biggy & Redball

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Animal Crossing is great for kids but it requires quite a bit of reading. Also ditto on any of the Lego games (we love both Star Wars and Indiana Jones - haven't tried Batman yet). Animal Crossing doesn't require a nunchuck but it is easier to play with one I think. I think you need nunchucks for the Lego games.

We don't have the Toy Story game, but we did play it at a friend's recently. They were all excited because it was the first game their 5 year old liked to play. DS had wanted it, but after playing took it off his list. He wasn't very thrilled, and I had to agree. Lots of target shooting games, and the 3d graphics were more hype than worthwhile. Some love it some don't!
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Elilly View Post
    Sorry to hijack, but does anyone have the Toy Story Mania game? I'm looking for a Wii gift fpr the family for Christmas and have heard very mixed reviews. We just got back from WDW and the kids loved the ride!
    we have it... it's ok. Not a favorite but the kids seemed to like it, my 4 year old especially. The 3D isn't anything special. The ride ROCKS!

Rock Band is my absolute favorite.
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast