Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I-spy bags

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I made some for my kids and I think you'll have no problems making them for under $5. I bought tons of little packs of buttons from craft stores and Walmart, but have a bunch left over since I only made 2. Another idea I found from etsy is using that printable fabric and printing out a list to sew on the back of the bag. The lady at the craft store told me they sell those pellets near the doll stuff, and also near fake flower accessories (and those were in larger bags). Also, I used a stroller cover from an umbrella stroller for my clear part. I had never used it and it was just taking up space in a drawer!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomom1121 View Post
    I made some for my kids and I think you'll have no problems making them for under $5. I bought tons of little packs of buttons from craft stores and Walmart, but have a bunch left over since I only made 2. Another idea I found from etsy is using that printable fabric and printing out a list to sew on the back of the bag. The lady at the craft store told me they sell those pellets near the doll stuff, and also near fake flower accessories (and those were in larger bags). Also, I used a stroller cover from an umbrella stroller for my clear part. I had never used it and it was just taking up space in a drawer!
    Ooooh thanks for those tips! I never heard of printable fabric and I was wondering how people did the list on fabric!

No problem. I'll try to post a picture later. BTW, the printable fabric is really cheap at Walmart.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Nabigus- where did you get that fabric? I love the print!! Also what are the approx dimensions of your bag?
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you're not a someone who likes or is good at sewing. You can do a I-spy bottle. Collect those 20 oz clear plastic soda bottles and fill those with the goodies and "stuffing" and just make sure you glue on the cap really well. You can type and laminate a card with the list of items and tie it around the top of the bottle.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    If you're not a someone who likes or is good at sewing. You can do a I-spy bottle. Collect those 20 oz clear plastic soda bottles and fill those with the goodies and "stuffing" and just make sure you glue on the cap really well. You can type and laminate a card with the list of items and tie it around the top of the bottle.
    Oooooh that's a great idea!! And it recycles

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Since the only one of these I've seen IRL was a tube, I was thinking a no-sew option had to be out there. A bottle is so easy! Thanks for that suggestion, HelloKitty! I might have to make one of these for my DN, and another for my DD when she's a little older.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Oooooh that's a great idea!! And it recycles
    Glad to hear that it might work for you. I'd leave some air at the top so they can shake things around to find them.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Ok, finally got some pictures uploaded of one I made for DD.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That turned out great!!! Nice job!
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast