Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAnn View Post
    Not yet. BRU sells a lock that screws into the TV and the wall. DD isn't quite here yet so I haven't childproofed but I will be securing the TV soon. Ours sits on top of our cable box and isn't very tippy but its slide happy and spins very easily (the cats do it) so its a must in our house.
    We have this. DH had to modify two of the holes in the mount with a drill in order to attach it to our TV, but we're happy with it otherwise. It was soooo much cheaper than purchasing the equipment to mount the TV directly on the wall, and I feel safer with the TV on a stand rather than hanging. Our TV sits on top of a medium-sized entertainment center in a corner. With the BRU safety mount, it doesn't budge.

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SammyeGail View Post
    I have a question, I've wanted ours mounted, DH would be doing it. Don't you have to cut a hole in the wall behind the mounting and run the wiring down so its not seen? If not, how do you cover it up?
    Ours is mounted on the wall but we did not cut holes in the wall. Yes the wires are exposed but it doesn't bother me. We have a console that sits under the tv (sort of like yours) so only about a maximum of 9 to 12 inches of wire are exposed - between the top of the console and the bottom of the tv. There are wire organizers you can get to bundle the wires together. There is also a rectangular plastic wire hider you can get to hide the wires and then paint the same color as your wall. We didn't do any of those options. I have some things on top of the console - plants, Wii, speakers and they kind of draw your attention away from the wires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2