Thread: Connectagons

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Connectagons

I want to get DS (turning 5) a set of connectagons for Christmas. I was planning to just get the original set but he found the Hearthsong catalog and said he wanted the treetop set, under the sea, and the butterflies. He did not express any interest in the original set. He has brought it up several times since- still stating a preferance for the other sets. I feel like the other sets are too limiting and we should start with the basics- but try explaining that to a 5 year old. So what do you all think- should I stick to my original plan or spring for one of the more eye catching sets? (He is only getting one set to start) Any general connectagon reviews welcome as well!

Original set:

Treetops:

Under the Sea:

Butterflies:

www.heathsong.com

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Maybe the original is a little too abstract? That, and that kid in the picture is the only one who doesn't seem to enjoy playing with them.

If it were me, I'd pick one of the sets he is asking for.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

These are something that I have been eyeing for DD also and think the theme set may be a bit more interesting for her as she could create scenes.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Update: I ordered the treetops set from magic cabin. DS hasn't seen it yet (christmas gift) but I opened it up and played with it a bit. I'm quite happy with the quality. Wish it came in a nicer storage box like the original set though.

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have the original and geometric sets. DS used them to make a Christmas tree, menorah, and some kind of Kwanzaa candles a couple of days ago. I guess he is getting into the holiday spirit! We got ours before they had all the theme sets and DS has enjoyed the. I do think the theme sets look cool too.