cs123 is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default kid friendly cd, mp3, or walkman

anyone know of a brand that makes one of these for a toddler?

We have a fisher price FP3 player - my DD6 got it several years ago and loved it but now uses our ipods. DD20 mos loves it and it is VERY durable. We use it with teh docking station/speaker thing. But I just looked and they don't seem to make it anymore. At the time, I wasn't that thrilled with it, it was $60 (got as gift) and the songs are "FP3" as in fisher price so you can download (for a fee) from their site or convert your own CDs but it wont work with itunes. It is kind of a pain that the player has to be assigned to only one computer so after I hooked it up on Grandma's computer on christmas I had to erase and redo it all to use it with our computer and same thing when our hard drive crashed and we got a new one. BUT is is very durable and easy for kids to use and you can select a graphic for each song so that even my 20 month old knows how to find Frosty the snowman.
    It looks like fisher price still sells the headphones (durable and only allows a certain volume) but nothing to go with them.
    Also depending on your kids ages you might just want to get a regular mp3 player - you can get them really cheap. My only concern about the kids and our ipods is that they'll push too hard on them when in the speaker/dock and brake the connection off but my 6 year old is getting and ipod for Christmas (grandma).
    Sorry, not sure if that helps too much since they aren't available now - maybe Ebay or craigs list?