Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Subbing, b/c these are some great recipes!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

I don't have a recipe, but I bet you could find one...a neighbor always made and delivered a DELICIOUS pumpkin roll every year...pumpkin cake rolled up with a cream cheese filling. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Mmmm, the Paula Dean receipe is getting such great reviews, maybe I should attempt that one.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I make Pumpkin Panna Cotta each year, with pecan-bourbon caramel sauce. It's really easy, but seems fancy!

PUMPKIN PANNA COTTA
    Ingredients
    1/2 to 3/4 cups canned pumpkin
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    A pinch less than 1/2 teaspoon allspice
    4 sheets gelatin (or 1 envelope plus 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin)
    1 cup confectioners' sugar
    2 cups heavy cream
    1 cup whole milk
    1 whole piece star anise

Directions
    Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice into the pumpkin in a medium bowl and set aside. Submerge the gelatin sheets in cool water in a small bowl. (If using powdered gelatin, follow the package directions for mixing with water.) Let stand for a couple of minutes for the gelatin to soften.

Meanwhile, bring the confectioners' sugar, cream, milk, and start anise just to a boil, stirring often. If using gelatin sheets, strain and squeeze out the excess water, then stir into the hot cream mixture until the gelatin is melted (if using powdered, add the gelatin plus the soaking water). Pour the hot mixture into a large bowl. Whisk in the pumpkin until mixed, then stir for exactly 5 minutes (no less!).

Fill nine 4-ounce ramekins about two-thirds full. Chill until set, about 4 hours or overnight. To serve, run a thin knife around the inside of the ramekin to loosen the panna cotta. Invert onto a plate and serve with Pecan-Bourbon Caramel Sauce. (Or serve in the ramekin; pour some sauce on top.)

PECAN-BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE
    Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    Enough water to make a slurry (like wet sand)
    2 ounces ice water
    2 tablespoons Bourbon
    3/4 cup pecans, chopped

Directions
    Bake the pecans at 375 degrees until toasted; approximately 10 minutes. Meanwhile, using your fingers to mix, combine sugar and a small amount of water in a 3-quart saucepan; the texture should be that of very wet sand. Wipe down the sides of the saucepan with wet fingers, making sure that no sugar remains on the sides. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and continue to boil until just golden brown; approximately 10 minutes.

Add the ice water all at once and stir vigorously to make a smooth sauce. The caramel will bubble and expand. Pour into a clean bowl and let cool completely. Stir in Bourbon and toasted pecans. Store covered at room temperature for up to three days.

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    Mmmm, the Paula Dean receipe is getting such great reviews, maybe I should attempt that one.
    Definitely- I have to make this no less than 3 times a fall. I am not allowed into DH's work party without it.

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thanks for the Swirled Pumpkin Bread recipe! I just pulled it out of the oven. It smells wonderful!

Default Paula Dean's pumpkin gooey cake, couple of questions

So, I'm going to make the Paula Dean pumpkin gooey cake receipe for Tday. I found a peanut free yellow cake mix and, I even bought a covered cake pan. A couple questions for those that have made it. After reading the reviews, some people say they reduced the sugar to 1-2 cups of powdered sugar. Others have said they wouldn't mess with the receipe. My family doesn't like overly sweet things. How would you rate the sweetness of this receipe as is? Also, some people say it doesn't taste good after sitting in the fridge, and others say it sets up nicely after being in the fridge. Wondering if I should make it the night before or the morning of?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

subbing and drooling
    Holly~Attached mama to Aiden, my happy Pirate & Lillian, my spirited Mermaid fairy
    Cancer survivor!!!! No Evidence of Disease, now and forever!!!

I did make the PD pumpkin gooey cake. It was pretty easy. I made it the morning of and transported it to my mom's house and baked it while we were eating dinner. I'd heard it was better right out of the oven. Turns out it's good either way, as everyone brought left overs home and raved about it. It was quite rich though and very sweet. I think in the future, I would cut back on the sugar to 1 cup, as some of the reviewers said they did. It was so sweet I could feel it eating into my tooth enamel

Unfortunately, DS didn't like it and picked the whipped cream off. He said, "I like that Mickey Mouse cake (the one my sister picked up from Target) better". I felt bad b/c I like to have an equally exciting substitute at Bday parties for him (it was my nieces bday celebration as well). He didn't dwell on it though. The adults loved it, but it teaches me that I have to have his old standby cake/cupcakes in the freezer for bday parties. He's a creature of habit at this point in his life.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

These muffins are wonderful; I'm making them again tomorrow for daughter's 1st birthday! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    He just has the nut allergy now, right? You can do a pumpkin pie and dial down the spice you put into it. I usually make simple pumpkin ramekins for dd1. Can of pumpkin, egg, a little sugar or honey, milk or milk subsitute, cinnamon and bake in ramekins until toothpick comes out clean.

I love pumpkin/choc. chip muffins: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin...ns/Detail.aspx

Allrecipes has a pumpkin bar recipe that sounds simple enough: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pauls-P...rs/Detail.aspx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast