Default 2 year old dies in trundle bed

read this below from the little girl's mom and please choose your beds carefully.

My goal is to get the word out there. I don't want another parent to lose their child this way and have to feel the things that I am feeling. We bought the bed at Costco. The link is

http://www.cafekid.com/kayla.html

The bed is designed to use the trundle part as either storage or for a mattress. We were using ours for storage. From what we can tell, Ella dropped some toys down into the trundle part and must have reached in to get them. As she reached in, her weight must have pushed the trundle and the it closed, flush with the bed, with her neck stuck. The space is so small that she couldn't breathe. Her door was wide open, she couldn't even make a sound that we could hear. This company makes furniture for children. They should be testing all their furniture and making sure that something like this can't happen. We have an investigator that may be able to tell us more."

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That's awful!!! We have a PB trundle bed. I love it for guests, BUT the collapse feature DOES scare me for use for children (which is why it's never used for kids in our household). I can see how a child's head could get caught on the (pop up) trundle.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs