Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default freaking out -- is there an Amby recall? should I stop using it???

Amby Baby website doesn't work.

Found these two posts:

http://www.urbanbaby.com/talk/posts/51363292

http://community.babycenter.com/post...all#2075005623

What should I do???? DS only sleeps well in the Amby. I am freaked out to let him sleep there anymore!
    Mama to DD 10/07 and DS 8/09

tried emailing the company and it was returned.

tried calling two phone numbers and the numbers aren't working.

I bought the Amby based on recommendations from the BBB website. It has been the only place DS will sleep. He just had open heart surgery three weeks ago.

What do I do? I am so freaked out and terrified.

I am also getting mad. This bed was expensive and if there is a problem the company needs to step up and deal with it, not just disappear and become unreachable.

Does anyone have information or ideas about what I should do next?

Going to try and figure out where to put DS to sleep for the night. Oh my gosh, this is scary.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Based on what I just read and having seen(and carefully checked out due to my curiosity) an Amby at a recent consignment sale (it didn't sell BTW) I think I would try and find some other type of bassinet etc for your son to sleep in...I know there are some that have electronic "swaying" motions, depending on if your DS enjoys some movement. If there is any chance that these are unsafe I would stop using it and as the company is MIA I think that you really have no choice but to NOT use it for your own peace of mind.

Thanks for your input. This is just awful. We have been weeks without sleep as DS has struggled post-surgery and finally, three days ago, he started sleeping well. The Amby bed has really worked for him. It's not just that he likes motion, it's the way the bed would move when he stirred and lull him back to sleep. Also the angle was great for his reflux.

So, I am mourning the loss of this sleep aid for my baby who so desperately needs rest -- and for his family who need it also -- and I am FURIOUS with this company. Where have they gone? What is happening? This is not acceptable. As you said, I really can't let him sleep in it anymore. It is horrible knowing we have something that works for him that I can no longer use.

I want answers and don't know how to get them. I just emailed the CPSC. DH has been trying to call the Amby Baby phone numbers in other countries but no luck there either. The websites in England and Australia are still up.

What is the likelihood of getting our money back on this? I realize that is not the most important point, but I am wondering what is going on.

Thanks so much to anyone who can give some advice.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would stop using it. I would be freaking out too, and I would be additionally anxious if that was the only place my DS slept or if he just had heart surgery. But you would have eventually had to find another place for him to sleep, right? Do you have a crib set up already? If not, how about a pack n play just for tonight? Swing?
    With the company going MIA, I would just not feel right about ignoring those posts.
    DD
    DS

I think it looks like they changed their web address - http://www.babyhammocks.com/

Looks like the same thing to me.

Thanks for this support. We are breaking down the Amby and storing it until we can figure out what is going on and get a refund...or something...sigh.

We do have a big crib and a mini-crib for DS, but he just doesn't sleep well in those. He also hates our swing as it doesn't seem comfortable for him, plus the back and forth motion may aggravate his reflux (one of the reasons why the Amby was so brilliant for him, until now.)

I just emailed the JPMA also as the Amby is certified by JPMA so they should step up and do something about this in my opinion.

Going to start investigating what other options we have for DS and sleep.

Thanks, everyone. I am so mad and scared at the same time. The timing of this experience so soon after DS's heart surgery when we are already so massively sleep deprived just stinks.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, I think you should just pack the thing away tonight and focus on a place for him to sleep short term, until you can figure something else out that will work.

Easier said than done, I know. I would be furious and in tears after the sleep deprivation was factored in! But you really have to just forget about the amby for the next few nights and deal with the return/refund later.

I know nothing about those sleep positioners except I saw that DH's cousin used one for her reflux baby. Maybe look into those tomorrow?
    DD
    DS

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How scary. I used that with my Dd and we loved it. I read the father's sad description on that site but I still cannot figure out how it happened.

Also - I think the babyhammocks site is Australia? I get nothing when I click on US...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast