Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default DH, I'm sorry, I JUST DON'T GET IT!--LONG

DH is out of town until tomorrow night. He left noon yesterday to go and handle some issues for his mother (issues tied to his name and our credit as well it turns out). He just told me that instead of coming home tomorrow by dinnertime he is staying for dinner--which they will have after the last Penn State game of the season (game is at 3:30). He does not expect to leave until 10 pm and will get home by 3 am Sunday morning. GREAT

I am on day 2 of a migraine. DD and DS are watching TV so I can change the linen today b/c tomorrow we have party prep to do for DS's bday party on Sunday. DS has another party for a friend tomorrow evening (and we go to services in the morning). I also have to pick up the cake. Sunday--I know DH will sleep until noon--the party is at 2 pm. After the party we have to grab dinner b/c my father is bringing his new girlfriend over. He insists to bring her over after dinner--why not just meet us out for dinner--but NOOOOOO. Meanwhile DH will be tired, nasty and of no help b/c he had to stay to watch the Penn State game (which he could have listened to on the radio the entire way home).

I'm so throwing up on DH's shoes Sunday morning
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

WOW... he's being inconsiderate isn't he! I would just explain to him the need for his help and that you would appreciate him getting his ass in the car earlier so he can take care of the kids in the morning while you prep for DS's party! I would tell my hubby that I hope he can be pleasant and helpful in the morning when the kids get up cause he won't be able to sleep in till noon. Can he put on a happy face and make it through the day having gotten in at 3am?

Maybe it'll make him reconsider? I guess I don't have a "sports loving" DH so I don't understand men who make games a priority over their family! Hope your migraine is over and you can manage it all.

Good Luck

~Tondi

Add to that that tomorrow is DH's bday and he won't be here to celebrate with us, but will celebrate with his mother instead. Nice to know that his wife and kids come after his mother--such a mamma's boy. And, yes I am a football widow and am used to that now, but COME ON....
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think I would tell DH that it's unacceptable for him to come home so late. This would lead to DH whining and being a baby about it, but better he suffer than me.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Um it's time to pick up that phone and tell him his plan doesn't work for the family. Let him know that the family has to come first and if he's going to be pissy on the day of your DS's b-day party that isn't going to make anyone happy.

I'm sorry but he is asking way way too much of you. There's no way my DH would ever do something like that b/c he knows I need his help.

I'm sorry this happened to you and I really hope your headache eases up.
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

DH beat me to the punch. The kids called him to say goodnight and he informed me that he was leaving tomorrow at 10 am instead of 10 pm. 10 am gets him home to watch the game--no biggee as DD and DS have a birthday party from 4-5:30 tomorrow evening anyway. At least DH will be home and be able to help me with the nighttime routine and getting ready for the party on Sunday.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm so glad he got his head out of his a$$.

Hope you guys have a nice weekend together and your migraine goes away.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post

I hope it went well.
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post

I just spoke with DH last night about the head in the a$$ and some Dads doing what they want before family. At his work there are some fathers that spend the weekend doing what they want - golf, projects etc and complain about family time. And there are other fathers that spend the weekend on family time. DH thinks it depends on if their own dad was involved or not, and how they felt about that. If your own Dad wasn't involved and you're OK with that, you'll parent the same. If you weren't OK with it, then you make sure you do the opposite. DH's tivos the football game, as DS's soccer has been at the same time. He was OK with tivo, but he's now glad that soccer is OVER, so he can be home to watch the game.

To the OP, glad DH was home to help, and I hope DS's party went well.

DH came home and the party was even during his GAME on Sunday. He was ok with it (didn't have a choice b/c when i asked him when the game was and he said he didn't know, I just planned the party). I asked what changed his mind. He told me he thought about it for a second and heard what I was really saying and decided it was better if he came home earlier. Funny thing is that his father not super involved but not uninvolved with him. He says he is much more involved with DS than his father was at DS's age (his father was more involved with him from age 7 on).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast