Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    I asked what changed his mind. He told me he thought about it for a second and heard what I was really saying and decided it was better if he came home earlier.
    It sounds like he does want to be involved and had a momentary lapse of judgment about the game and DS's birthday party.

I asked my DH how he felt about other Dads doing what they want first, and he said he does get the occasional tinge of jealousy when they say they spent all Sat. playing golf, and DH was at DS's soccer game. When DS was born my Dad told DH about the regrets he has of missing out on family time, and how he wants a do-over. It left a lasting impression on DH that your kids are only little once.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    DH thinks it depends on if their own dad was involved or not, and how they felt about that. If your own Dad wasn't involved and you're OK with that, you'll parent the same. If you weren't OK with it, then you make sure you do the opposite. DH's tivos the football game, as DS's soccer has been at the same time. He was OK with tivo, but he's now glad that soccer is OVER, so he can be home to watch the game.

To the OP, glad DH was home to help, and I hope DS's party went well.
    Oh, how I wish that were true. The entire time we dated, DH had a chip on his shoulder about how his father was never around for him growing up, but always put himself first. Then, about the time we got married, DH & his dad kind of made up. Now, his dad has talked to him abotu how he regrets not being with the boys when they were growing up & that he should drop some of his activities so he doesn't regret it like his dad. And he told his dad that FIL was WRONG. That he couldn't say anything and that they all turned out fine. Uhm....
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2