Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default BuyBuyBaby, OH how I love thee! (look, NC mamas)

We just took our first family trip to the new BBB in Durham a few minutes away. DH kept saying, "If only this store had been here 3.5 years ago, life would have been SO much easier." Instead, we've scoured the web, traversed states, ordered sight unseen, shipped transcontinentally via CL, and such for the very best baby gear to meet our needs. We both hit every section with awe, a little bit happy that all "our" stuff was there, a little bit of sadness that we don't "need" any more baby gear, and a little bit, "cool ___(clothes, stroller, diaper bag) let's have another baby." I reminded him that we do actually have a 5 mo, so we are allowed to buy baby gear without guilt and without having another baby. In the end, we left the store 45 min after bedtime with one at-capacity diaper, one screaming preschooler and one infant fast asleep in the BJCMD.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We probably just missed you. We were there around 8:30 pm I think?
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

I cannot believe I didn't know one was opening closer to home!? I am SO excited, have already checked the store hrs for tomorrow and DH says we are leaving for there absolutely as soon as I get home from work
    Thank you! Thank you!!

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We just had one open up in my area and I had a similar reaction my first time through - WOW, all the things I see and hear about online in person!!! I think I petted a few strollers and carseats in sheer awe :blush.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    We probably just missed you. We were there around 8:30 pm I think?
    LOL You would have heard DD from both ends of the parking lot, so if you didn't hear her, we were probably already heading south.

What were your thoughts??? Did you buy anything? Want anything? What did DH think, esp. since he's the mega-consignment sale worker, lol?

ETA: I fell into the trap of showing an unsuspecting set of parents-to-be why the BJ City strollers are awesome. I really shouldn't hang out there.
    ETAA: Ok, DH was just laughing, "You were totally oblivious, but when you went into stroller-demo mode...well, those people didn't actually speak English."
    Last edited by WatchingThemGrow; 11-20-2009 at 11:22 PM.

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Glad you all are discovering the wonderfulness of the Buy Buy Baby! We have one in my area and I will NEVER shop at BRU again unless absolutely necessary! Don't forget, you can use competitors coupons as well as Bed Bath & Beyond coupons at Buy Buy Baby! Their return policy is great too!

Yeah, they said coupons that aren't expired, including stuff like Michael's and AC Moore if they carry the same item. Not sure how that will work for Michael's since they stopped carrying Thomas, but...
    Do the diaper deals get better than the triple -coupon BRU deals?

YEA!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing this! With a trip to take a friend to RDU coming up and a trip to UNC Chapel Hill in January, I think I will be able to get a trip to BBB in there somewhere!

How long should we plan for and where should we eat close by?
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We love our Buy Buy Baby and they do seem to have better selection than babies R Us, but they still haven't had what I was looking for the last couple of times I went in there (sophia the Giraffe and the P'kolina Puzzle Stacker.)
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's great. I'm jealous.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast