schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Love your hairdryer?

My hairdryer is slowly dying, and I'm thinking a new one might be a nice Christmas present. I have no idea which one to even look at, let alone ask for. Budget wise, I'm thinking under $50, unless there is a VERY compelling reason to go higher.

If it matters, I have short, VERY thick, straight hair.
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (2002) and Catherine (2003)

"The challenge of parenting isn't shaping your kids to be what you want, it's shaping yourself to be what your kids need." - Wellyes

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love Babyliss Pro dryer. It's almost 5 years old and I use it on an almost daily basis with no issues what so ever. I love that it has six settings (hot, med, cool, and low, and high), and I have never once had my hair stylist complain about my hair being dry or over fried from over use (because I do really have to use a hair dryer almost daily). Also the low speed with the high setting is perfect for blow drying quickly. The high will get it done faster, but I really prefer the low, and the high is still slower than most drugstore brand hair dryers. Babyliss is the professional line of Conair dryers IIRC.
    I bought it from this site (and at this current price it's almost worth buying a new one for and if my old one ever dies).
    http://www.bestclippers.com/bacexdr.html
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Check out Consumer Reports, they have an article on hair dryers. Their top pick was a Conair Infiniti. I don't remember the exact model off top of my head but this one looks good to me.

If you decide to splurge than I would get a T3 Featherweight hair dryer. It gets excellent reviews on Sephora and Folica. There are plenty of other excellent hair dryers, you can spend days reading about them on Folica. A powerful would significantly reduce your drying time. Overstock has the best deal on T3 as far as I can tell but there might be some other codes/sources that I don't know about.

Be sure to check Marshall's, ours has a decent selection of hair dryers but it's hit and miss.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kozachka View Post

If you decide to splurge than I would get a T3 Featherweight hair dryer. It gets excellent reviews on Sephora and Folica. There are plenty of other excellent hair dryers, you can spend days reading about them on Folica. A powerful would significantly reduce your drying time. Overstock has the best deal on T3 as far as I can tell but there might be some other codes/sources that I don't know about.

Be sure to check Marshall's, ours has a decent selection of hair dryers but it's hit and miss.
    Definitely check out a makeup review site like MakeupAlley.com for reviews on the T3. I have online friends from another message board who have used the T3 and don't like it. I have heard very solid reviews on that site about Solano hair dryers, they run right about $100 at Sally's. Chi dryers are also suppose to be good, but they are over $100. I think Folica is expensive.

Beauty Bling, http://beautybling.yuku.com/forums/6...gation-content (you will have to register first and wait for a panelist to send a link, I think (I've been a member so long that I can't remember the protocol)
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have this BaByliss and love it. I think I bought it from Folica for less than $80 about 3 years ago
    mommy to DD 1/07

m448 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought my solano dryer from a west coast online beauty supply about 7-8 years ago for $70 and it's still going strong.
    Herding my flock of 4 kids, all 12 and under.