Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

There were no forms. I called the number on the HC website link. THey didn't ask where I purchased, when I purchased or the price I paid.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum View Post
    Did you get to choose what you wanted as a replacement, or is it a standard one-thing-fits-all offer?

Sorry, missed this part of your post.

They seem to be OK with replacing the items (valued at $10US each) with similar priced things, based on US pricing. For example, the cake thing I got was $20US and I had 2 pieces to replace, so she just did that straight across. I'm assuming I get to keep the recalled pieces b/c she stressed over and over that they were safe to keep using.
    Melissa

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Great! I'll call tomorrow. I did find the original order from Chapters (man, I buy a lot of stuff there!), just in case.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our Slice and Bake Cookie Set hasn't even arrived yet. Sigh.

Thanks for posting this, Melissa.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

I'm in the US and I was thinking about buying the cookie set for a Christmas gift. I called M&D and they said that the only toys affected were a batch that was sent to Canada only and none of the affected toys were sent to the US. Do you think the ones available for sale currently in the US are ok? I am still not clear on if this was only one batch that happened to be sent to Canada that had an issue, or if all of them had an issue but Canada has stricter testing standards than the US and that's why they were recalled in Canada but not the US. Does anyone have any insight? I just don't want to give a barium loaded toy as a gift

I was told by M&D cs that the toys met US standards but not Canadian standards.
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by saddie23 View Post
    I'm in the US and I was thinking about buying the cookie set for a Christmas gift. I called M&D and they said that the only toys affected were a batch that was sent to Canada only and none of the affected toys were sent to the US. Do you think the ones available for sale currently in the US are ok? I am still not clear on if this was only one batch that happened to be sent to Canada that had an issue, or if all of them had an issue but Canada has stricter testing standards than the US and that's why they were recalled in Canada but not the US. Does anyone have any insight? I just don't want to give a barium loaded toy as a gift
    I called M&D as well. They told me that they test every batch and only these specific batches had a level that was too high. They are replacing all batches for Canadian consumers as a "courtesy" because they "take safety concerns very seriously" but no other batches have had levels that were too high. These are the batches that were too high:

Slice and Bake Cookie Set: UPC 000772040747 batch number ZP1208.
    Shape Sorting Cube: UPC 000772005753 batch number XY0309.
    Pound-a-Peg: UPC 000772004961 batch number ZP0609.

The UPC and lot number can be found on the product packaging. The batch number is a tiny white sticker on the label.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    They seem to be OK with replacing the items (valued at $10US each) with similar priced things, based on US pricing. For example, the cake thing I got was $20US and I had 2 pieces to replace, so she just did that straight across. I'm assuming I get to keep the recalled pieces b/c she stressed over and over that they were safe to keep using.

They didn't do this for me. They are sending me the exact same items I had and they told me to throw out my items (even though apparently they are not from the "bad" batch).

Quote Originally Posted by moosemama View Post
    I called M&D as well. They told me that they test every batch and only these specific batches had a level that was too high. They are replacing all batches for Canadian consumers as a "courtesy" because they "take safety concerns very seriously" but no other batches have had levels that were too high. These are the batches that were too high:

Slice and Bake Cookie Set: UPC 000772040747 batch number ZP1208.
    Shape Sorting Cube: UPC 000772005753 batch number XY0309.
    Pound-a-Peg: UPC 000772004961 batch number ZP0609.

The UPC and lot number can be found on the product packaging. The batch number is a tiny white sticker on the label.

HTH.

Thank you both for the info!

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you all seen this post on zrecs about the recall?

http://www.zrecommends.com/detail/me...oug-bernstein/
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast