Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The Bumbleride looks nice, but a quick review of the fold on youtube scared me away. With two DC close together (and young), you'll be relying heavily on your double stroller for just about everything. I found the quick fold of the BJ to make life a bit easier.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have both the BJCED and BJCMD. I could NEVER use the BJCED as our "only" stroller. It is too big and heavy to lift in and out of the car on a daily basis. Our BJCMD stays in the car, is light and super easy to fold, and we love it for our errand stroller. It also will handle smooth sidewalks just fine (and can handle occasional pushes through dirt or grass). If you don't plan on taking it over rough terrain, the BJCMD is without question what I'd go for.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I agree- I am getting a bjcmd just for that very reason- the bjced is WAY to heavy to lift in the car, I've actually never taken it anywhere (by car) on my own as the thought of loading that thing scares me! I really think the bjced is just "too much" stroller unless you only plan on keeping it at home. it is SUPER nice and plus, just too heavy/bulky. The mini is perfect as it can handle walking outdoors if on sidewalks fine and pops in the car nicely hth! there are MAJOR coupon codes going on right now on the bjcmd making it really really worth the price

When you say "light walking around the community" how is the terrain in your area? My neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks, so the baby gets jiggled if we don't use a stroller with air tires. Same thing for lots of our walking trails where tree stuff has dropped. The mini chokes on that stuff IME. You should just try out the strollers for yourself if you have a BuyBuyBaby or a good baby store near you. While I do enjoy the lightweight Mini double and think you'd get good use out of it, I'd check out the Elite first. I totally loved having it as my only double until just before #3 came along very quickly. And I'm a flabby wimp with no upper body strength. It was very manageable to get in/out of my CRV until I was 6 mos pg. The way our Odyssey has a lower trunk area makes it a little more difficult (still doable), but with the Mini, I miss out on a lot of walking opportunities with friends b/c it can't handle the terrain. Just depends on your situation...

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'd either go full on BJCED or a Mac double. The BJCM is a compromise stroller IMO. Not as tall and easy to use indoors as the Mac double, but not great outdoors either and shorter than the BJCED and BJCCD. I think with two kids it is way easier to do stuff outdoors where the AT stroller will work best as WatchingThem Grow said. My toddler who just turned 3 has not fit in my neighbor's BJCM for some time now, so I would rule it out if you have tall kids.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Can you steer the mac double with one hand? I've not tried it but I have to do it all.the.time with the bj b/c someone is walking while holding my hand. By the time the OP's oldest is 3, her LO will be two, so she will have gotten two good years' use out of whatever she gets!

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used to not vote for getting a bjcmd BUT after having the elite and classic (both doubles) I totally think unless you have no sidewalks the bjcmd is the way to go for an only double...here in so. cal we have sidewalks and everything is very smooth (at least in orange county). The elite does have a smoother ride but the mini's is fine and SO much lighter with all the great features- FYI i measured the seatbacks on both the elite and mini and the mini's is only ONE inch shorter...not a big difference to make the descision imo. I am 5'4" and found the bjced WAY to much to lift into my suv trunk and it took up the entire thing. it's a nice stroller, but way too much stroller for my needs. I can see using the bjcmd for years to come, I can't imagine pushing a huge all terrian stroller and two big toddlers! i LOVE my new bjcmd much more than the elite...

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The BJCMD is not smooth anywhere off the sidewalks, the front wheel wobbles like there is no tomorrow. I live in a 60 yr. old neighborhood right on the border of LA/Orange County and there is no such thing as a smooth sidewalk in our neck of the woods.

WTG I'll ask my friend if her MAC is still one hand pushable. I think that might be one advantage of BJ City Series is the one handlebar.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmoma View Post
    I used to not vote for getting a bjcmd BUT after having the elite and classic (both doubles) I totally think unless you have no sidewalks the bjcmd is the way to go for an only double...here in so. cal we have sidewalks and everything is very smooth (at least in orange county). The elite does have a smoother ride but the mini's is fine and SO much lighter with all the great features- FYI i measured the seatbacks on both the elite and mini and the mini's is only ONE inch shorter...not a big difference to make the descision imo. I am 5'4" and found the bjced WAY to much to lift into my suv trunk and it took up the entire thing. it's a nice stroller, but way too much stroller for my needs. I can see using the bjcmd for years to come, I can't imagine pushing a huge all terrian stroller and two big toddlers! i LOVE my new bjcmd much more than the elite...
    I bet the frame of the BJCMD is smaller though and hence the canopy is lower. Like I said, DS1 does not fit in the BJCM and still has lots of room in the BJCCD. Send me your BJCED if you don't like it.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 12-03-2009 at 07:49 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Twin Triumph v. Twin Techno? Albee baby has both on closeout - is the techno that much cushier? Also very interested to here if it's one hand pushable - that's a real hesitation to me for getting a double umbrella. Another one that looked interested was the Valco Latitude Twin - anyone seen one of these in person? I read somewhere that the short seat back problem is fixed in the 2010 version.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast