Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

I got mine and I'm meh...for those whose orders were cancelled, don't feel too bad. I honestly question if they are worth the $10-$12 each I paid. The quality is nothing stellar, imo. I got Beach towels on clearance at Kohls that are much nicer (larger, thicker) for around $3-$4 each, although they are not monogrammed.

I ordered all 9 and got them. Thanks for the tip. Sorry for the people who did not them.

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Unrelated, but my thanksgiving countdown calendar came with a broken rod. And was apparently the last one left in the country post-sale. I had to talk to a cust service person and a supervisor to get significant money taken off the price - - they first said $8 which was way low I thought and I finally got it up to $18.

I am thinking about cutting up the old pbk credit card . . . too much hassle on recent orders.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jo View Post
    I got mine and I'm meh...for those whose orders were cancelled, don't feel too bad. I honestly question if they are worth the $10-$12 each I paid. The quality is nothing stellar, imo. I got Beach towels on clearance at Kohls that are much nicer (larger, thicker) for around $3-$4 each, although they are not monogrammed.
    I agree. I got the ones I ordered for gifts and found the fabric to be quite thin for PBK. The printing on the shark towel is kind of fuzzy. At least they got the monogramming right. It's awful that some people have gotten incorrect monogramming. My sister ordered too late for my kids, so they will not be getting any. I do think the designs are cute, but the quality is so-so.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

TonFirst is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sally, that makes me feel better about the whole debacle. I was super bummed and more than a little annoyed that I had to start over with my shopping for a dozen godchildren, nieces, and nephews - but then I decided to get them all Holztiger animals (comparable price to the $9.99) and I felt better about the whole mess.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TonFirst View Post
    Sally, that makes me feel better about the whole debacle. I was super bummed and more than a little annoyed that I had to start over with my shopping for a dozen godchildren, nieces, and nephews - but then I decided to get them all Holztiger animals (comparable price to the $9.99) and I felt better about the whole mess.
    I was lucky enough to get the towels without problem...but IMO Holztiger animals will get a lot more use. My 3 year old has a few and spends easily an hour a day playing with them, those little animals are dearly cherished by him.

Opened one of the towels today for Christmas and the monogramming is super crooked. It's really obvious because it's close to the edge. I'd say there is close to an inch difference in how far the monogramming is from the beginning of the name to the end of the name, with one end resting on the stitching at the end of the towel. I'm surprised at how little quality control PBK has. I guess I'll be on the phone with them on Monday. Have they seriously sent return postage for the towels that had problems?
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Opened one of the towels today for Christmas and the monogramming is super crooked. It's really obvious because it's close to the edge. I'd say there is close to an inch difference in how far the monogramming is from the beginning of the name to the end of the name, with one end resting on the stitching at the end of the towel. I'm surprised at how little quality control PBK has. I guess I'll be on the phone with them on Monday. Have they seriously sent return postage for the towels that had problems?
    I had 2 incorrrect monogrammed towels and they wanted me to send them back. I delayed, because I didn't have a box...they sent them in a bag. Then they sent me a survey and after filling that out they called me and said to keep the towels. One of the towels was out of stock till Feb, so I asked them to refund my $ and the other came yesterday...the 24th. I agree...the quality is not what I would expect from Pottery Barn, and would have really been disappointed had I sent more that $10 on it.

Just a FYI...once I filled out the negative survey, they were on top of it and called and e-mailed me several times to make it right. The initial CS rep I talked to when I called to tell them the monogramming was incorrect didn't do squat for me though.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22