Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default If you could make only 1 cookie recipe for the holiday season

which would it be? Please share recipes. TIA

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I make a thumbprint cookie with raspberry preserves in the middle that are completely addictive and delicious. So buttery...so good. I'll post the recipe later tonight when I get a free minute. I make dozens of these (along with my Dad's peanut brittle and fudge) every year.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No question - Christmas Bark. Although technically not exactly a cookie. No one cares!!

Christmas Bark
    Makes approx 40 pieces

1 sleeve saltine crackers
    1 cup butter
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    12oz semi-sweet choc morsals
    1 cup chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350
    2. Place crackers in one layer on parchment-lined baking sheet (with sides)
    3. Melt butter and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Cook for 3 mins, stirring constantly
    4. Pour butter-sugar mixture over the crackers, spread evenly
    5. Bake for 15 mins
    6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with choc morsals. When they start to melt, spread evenly over entire layer of crackers
    7. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top
    8. Refrigerate 1 hr
    9. Remove from frige and crack into pieces
    10. Devour

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's just not Christmas without my "traditional" cookies! (I have 3 that I do almost every year, although two are 2-day processes.)

Lebkuchen, springerle and pfeffernusse. Of the 3, if I had to pick one, I'd do the lebkuchen because at least DH will eat them. (I don't eat either lebkuchen or pfeffernusse, but love the way they make my house smell!!!)

All my recipes are at home, so I will post them later.

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    It's just not Christmas without my "traditional" cookies! (I have 3 that I do almost every year, although two are 2-day processes.)

Lebkuchen, springerle and pfeffernusse. Of the 3, if I had to pick one, I'd do the lebkuchen because at least DH will eat them. (I don't eat either lebkuchen or pfeffernusse, but love the way they make my house smell!!!)

All my recipes are at home, so I will post them later.
    I love lebkuchen! In fact, I have an open package of Bahlsen Contessa sitting beside me right now. Yum!

For OP - I almost never make cookies at Christmas. We're a candy-making family!
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If I had a good recipe I'd share it but I'd have to say sugar cookies b/c they are fun to decorate!

Beth

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Gingerbread men decorated with raisins and red hots. The kids love making them and we all love to eat them. YUM!

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    I make a thumbprint cookie with raspberry preserves in the middle that are completely addictive and delicious. So buttery...so good. I'll post the recipe later tonight when I get a free minute. I make dozens of these (along with my Dad's peanut brittle and fudge) every year.
    I'd love the recipe! Does your recipe have nuts? DD is nut allergic. I used to make one that was rolled in walnuts...I suppose I could just leave them off but I'm interested in seeing your recipe if it is "buttery" yum!

If I could only make one kind, it would probably be gingerbread cut out cookies, as much as I hate cutout cookies, we do love gingerbread!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have a recipe for cream cheese cookies that is such a warm welcome treat in the midst of overly-sweet goodies. Haven't made it in a while cause TJ's moved in really close and there's no need to make cookies anymore! I'll post the recipe later.

I actually cut a recipe out of a holiday magazine years ago for peppermint chip cookies- its basically a chocolate chip cookie recipe that has white chips, dark chips, and crushed peppermint (starlight) candies. They were sooo good- a big hit at my Hanukka party! (Although it was a little hard to crush those candies) I can post the recipe if anyone is interested.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast