Thread: Yoga is good

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Yoga is good

Dusted off the old yoga mat and headed out to a yoga class last night and wow!! woke up some muscles I forgot I had. Taking Dd1 and her friend to a class over the weekend and I will be back there Monday.

They played this song during the cool down where the person was singing about how, 'this is your life....release your to do's...they have no place here...this time is for you and you only." Man I needed that hour like nobody's business.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A teacher at my school has started doing classes after school. 8 classes for $25. What a deal!! I love it!!! I feel so good afterwards and the next day!

Glad you re-discovered yoga!

Yoga is my favorite exercise - and the final relaxation pose makes me melt. Practiced pregnancy yoga up until the arrival of DS and will be going to postpartum yoga in a few weeks. Once I'm up to it, I'll be back to Hot Yoga (Bikram) - working out in a hot room (100+ degrees), doing the same 26 poses...you really get a good workout and can see progress.

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I really want to try Bikram, but it's not offered at my Y. I can't justify paying for classes at another studio.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

Bikram is expensive - well, I find most yoga classes are. I was able to get a great deal on a series using Groupon.com. I wonder if due to the economy some studios would be flexible about pricing and the timeframe you can use a series. I always feel some pressure about going if I buy a month long series (vs. 10 classes, for example).

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I <3 Yoga!

I still have to work through the other 3 prenatal DVDs my mother sent me before I take up regular practice again, but it will help with stress relief!