ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Inexpensive Crib Recommendations

We are looking for an inexpensive crib for our DD2. We currently have the Westwood baby Stafford crib, but don't want to spend so much on a second because DD1 will be moving to a toddler bed in about a year to 18 mos. Any recommendations other then Ikea?

We were looking at the Graco cribs and want to spend under $200.

Any ideas??? Thanks

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

How old is your DD1? Could she move to a toddler bed any sooner? I honestly would look at second hand well made cribs before I buy an under $200 crib. People do seem to like the Ikea cribs, but with all of the recalls on the cheaper cribs I am just not convinced I'd want to sacrifice safety for price. There have been no recalls on Ikea cribs though.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We bought this one at Target for DS....
    http://www.target.com/Graco-Sarah-Co...=graco%20cribs

We got it for $127 shipped free in September. It's definately not as nice as DD's Munire but I am happy with it so far!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

We're going to get the Graco Lauren - $120 at walmart.com (Target and BRU also sell but at a higher price). I've looked at the actual model at our local BRU and it looked very nice for the money. The expresso matches our bedroom furniture perfectly.

There are some complaints about the sturdiness of the drop-side model but I'm not sure if its going to be sold any more. The non-drop-side has received kudos for being more sturdy. Overall the reviews are EXCELLENT.

My only additional purchase will be a teething guard for the top rail. I don't anticipate a kid chewing on it for some time, but some reviews mentioned that area could wear over time. I can especially see it being helpful if I'm not able to drop the side.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've been happy with my JCPenny crib (ship to store) for $199. It looks almost exactly like another crib I saw in a high end baby store.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I've been happy with my JCPenny crib (ship to store) for $199. It looks almost exactly like another crib I saw in a high end baby store.
    Which one do you have? I have heard good things about the JC Penney cribs. We are not getting a dropside. We are only getting a stationary crib.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBaby View Post
    Which one do you have? I have heard good things about the JC Penney cribs. We are not getting a dropside. We are only getting a stationary crib.
    Pm'd you. We have a drop side ,but they also carry stationary ones. If I were to buy a crib right now, I'd get a stationary one.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard