Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Mei tai. I use my moby during the newborn phase, and then start to use my mei tai, b/c it's very adjustable, seeing how you have to tie the straps. Usually by then though, my patapum (similar to ergo, but less pricey) works too. If you are willing to go one shouldered, a pouch sling would be a cheap option. I keep one in my diaper bag as a, "just in case" sling, b/c it doesn't take up much room and it's nice that you can do multiple holds with it. I've worn my baby cradle style when he was younger. Now that he is 5 mo, I have in him the kangaroo and hip carry. The kangaroo carry though, attracts a lot of attention (from other ppl), b/c it makes babies look so cute.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I second the idea of trying the baby in a different position rather than buying a new carrier. I used the Ergo with my DDs legs in a frog-like position, tucked up under her when she was too little to use it the regular way. She LOVED sleeping in it that way, and my ped said it was perfectly safe.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Mei tai. I use my moby during the newborn phase, and then start to use my mei tai, b/c it's very adjustable, seeing how you have to tie the straps. Usually by then though, my patapum (similar to ergo, but less pricey) works too. If you are willing to go one shouldered, a pouch sling would be a cheap option. I keep one in my diaper bag as a, "just in case" sling, b/c it doesn't take up much room and it's nice that you can do multiple holds with it. I've worn my baby cradle style when he was younger. Now that he is 5 mo, I have in him the kangaroo and hip carry. The kangaroo carry though, attracts a lot of attention (from other ppl), b/c it makes babies look so cute.

You can find an unpadded Slingling for less than $20 and its perfect for the 2-4 months age range. DS loved the kangaroo carry and looked so adorable! DH and I both have our own sling and keep them in our diaper bags for unexpected carries, now that he's taller we do a hip carry.

If you like a structured carrier, the Pikkolo is good for little ones and so is the Beco, neither requires a separate infant insert like the Ergo. I stopped using the Moby once I got my Slingling because it just wasn't worth the extra effort.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2